4 Door Mini Me

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Had an issue with the head unit. It would randomly turn off while driving, then randomly turn back on. At stops it turned on, but would turn back off when I started going again. I tried wiggling the wires to see if something was loose, but couldn't figure it out. I think my signal wire was actually connected to the speed sensing volume adjusting wire instead of the ignition. Spent a long time and couldn't actually find the ignition wire, though. Ended up just connecting the signal wire to a switch, so I just have to remember to turn it off when I get out of the truck lol. Figured that out, wired up the cup holders, welded the cage-frame gussets, painted the tubework, and seam sealed the holes. Finally completely ready to start the next part, which will probably be the front end next week, as I'll be traveling the rest of this week.

Driver A pillar

Driver B pillar

Driver C pillar

Ignore the big welded spot on the C pillar mount. I had to cut that out to go over a bolt head for the gas tank support, which will be getting cut soon enough

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Had an issue with the head unit. It would randomly turn off while driving, then randomly turn back on. At stops it turned on, but would turn back off when I started going again. I tried wiggling the wires to see if something was loose, but couldn't figure it out. I think my signal wire was actually connected to the speed sensing volume adjusting wire instead of the ignition. Spent a long time and couldn't actually find the ignition wire, though. Ended up just connecting the signal wire to a switch, so I just have to remember to turn it off when I get out of the truck lol. Figured that out, wired up the cup holders, welded the cage-frame gussets, painted the tubework, and seam sealed the holes. Finally completely ready to start the next part, which will probably be the front end next week, as I'll be traveling the rest of this week.

View attachment 228146

Driver A pillar

View attachment 228147

Driver B pillar

View attachment 228148

Driver C pillar

View attachment 228149

Ignore the big welded spot on the C pillar mount. I had to cut that out to go over a bolt head for the gas tank support, which will be getting cut soon enough
How did I not get the glow in the dark cup holders for my truck!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
man, fell far behind on this!! Can't believe how much you got done. I suppose it makes sense. My ole lady is a teacher too and has been enjoying the time off! She starts next week.

But uhhh, Mr. "sleeve mcqueen" .... how on earth do you drive with your seats leaned so far back!!? That can't be angle of pics?

Those beauty plates are gonna make me sleep better. And great idea on back cup holders too. That's trick.

Even better trick will be when the passenger "forgets it"... and it showers the people in front on that unexpected bump! hahahah.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
man, fell far behind on this!! Can't believe how much you got done. I suppose it makes sense. My ole lady is a teacher too and has been enjoying the time off! She starts next week.

But uhhh, Mr. "sleeve mcqueen" .... how on earth do you drive with your seats leaned so far back!!? That can't be angle of pics?

Those beauty plates are gonna make me sleep better. And great idea on back cup holders too. That's trick.

Even better trick will be when the passenger "forgets it"... and it showers the people in front on that unexpected bump! hahahah.
I don’t think they’re overly leaned back? I’m 5’7” and can still see over the dash no problem. I will say that the headrest is back a bit too far. I might see what I can find for a pillow that straps on the headrest, and maybe find something that does the same to add a little more lumbar. I can take those things off when I hit dirt, but I’ll be driving it to the desert so I want to be comfortable for those long drives. I’ll get a non wide angle picture a bit later so you can see the angle.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I don’t think they’re overly leaned back? I’m 5’7” and can still see over the dash no problem. I will say that the headrest is back a bit too far. I might see what I can find for a pillow that straps on the headrest, and maybe find something that does the same to add a little more lumbar. I can take those things off when I hit dirt, but I’ll be driving it to the desert so I want to be comfortable for those long drives. I’ll get a non wide angle picture a bit later so you can see the angle.
on every set of seats we have just bent the headrests forward. It fits perfectly between the 2 bars on a smittybuilt tube bumper FYI. Pretty easy to bend and just put a towel or something around it to protect the cloth/vinyl.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I battle a lot with fixed seat position. When driving super aggressive... I like to be over the wheel more. When cruising down highway I am more relaxed and leaned back. More so the angle of seat than the distance from wheel

I must have fidgeted with seat and wheel positioning for over like a week on G4. It is hard to find that happy medium. I also liked the stock steering wheel in 2ghetto before I changed it. It's a bit larger than the aftermarket ones I have got. But I did bend the stock one a few times because I tried to use the wheel like handle bars. lol

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds