4 link set up help.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
I have some 60 inch links that i modify down to 55inch that put the coilover only 24inch from the rear heim.

How long from center of axle to the cab is it when you shorten the truck up to where you want it?

roughly 34" stock so that would be 27". so with that that will leave 7" from the cab to the tire on 40"s

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
these are all rough measurements as i havent got the truck in the shop yet to get the rear end torn apart and mocked the new rear end at different wheel bases. just trying to get a head start on some homework.

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
140" is still pretty long. Just bite the bullet and cut out the back of the cab for the shocks. Then set your wheel base down to where you want it.

Like this.

this is what my thoughs were to start. just bring the shocks in the cab and box the cab around them with an inspection plate. also want to keep my rear does usable as in someone can get in and out of the truck through the rear doors. also i would like to keep the bypasses as close to out of the cab as possible as im sure it would be super pain in the butt to tune the bypasses when they are buried

goofballracer

whatever
Feb 8, 2008
We are all about the up travel at our shop. I tried to shorten my truck up a little over where it was at and the head of the coil overs are halfway in the cab. With 40"s ground clearance should be an issue I have at least 6" maybe more.

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
We are all about the up travel at our shop. I tried to shorten my truck up a little over where it was at and the head of the coil overs are halfway in the cab. With 40"s ground clearance should be an issue I have at least 6" maybe more.
i usually setup the trucks so full bump the top of tire is 1" from top of bedside.

goofball what did your wheelbase end up as? i too like that up travel and a low ride height.
85yota yea that makes sense for sure.
i wonder how much rollout the 40" tires produce. now a 40" on 17" wheel has a lot of tire so i doubt it will play a major factor.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
i get it. i know the shocks are going to have to work a lot harder and the travel numbers will change. im also content with mid 20's.
Actually the motion ratio will be lower making life easier on the shocks. Problem then is light springs and getting enough low speed damping out of them to ride nice.

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
Actually the motion ratio will be lower making life easier on the shocks. Problem then is light springs and getting enough low speed damping out of them to ride nice.

yea i was apparently thinking of the shocks being way more towards the front. idk ive been searching and reading all this link stuff my brain is probably gonna explode. i get a little obsessive sometimes and want answers. trucks are dumb.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds