4 projects, 1 driveway, no time

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I've been lurking awhile and thought I could kill some time at work by dumping some of my pictures here.
This thread will probably be pretty disorganized jumping around to the different vehicles and timelines.
Shit talking and second guessing is encouraged, it's the DR way.

Here's what I got

1975 Toyota chinook
62 Baja bug
Crappy sandrail
97 Tacoma

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
IMG_0400.JPGWe got this chinook about 4 years ago because we were tired of tent camping. I've had quite a few Toyotas so I had plans for this before I even bought it. Put in a 3.4 and 5 speed, straight axle 4 x 4 conversion on 2.5 swayaways. As soon as it was drivable work kind of stalled out on it but we kept using it until we got T-bonedlast year and rolled it. Spent most of last summer doing a cab swap and rebuilding it since it's so special to us

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
After the crash we parked the chinook in the back yard for about a year and got a pop up for the tundra but it wasn't the same.
Found a free chinook on Craigslist not running and no title. Decided to tow that home and do cab and camper swap to our baby and ditch the pop up. I got it changed over, made some Frankenstein flared fenders with some 83 parts and even got the cab Painted. Then got her registered and legit and put it away for the winter. Once the snow is gone I'll keep going on it.

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
One day after our crash my buddy called and asked if I wanted to buy a 62 Baja for $1500, so I said sure. That snowballed too and of course I want to cage and long travel it. I've collected 3x3s, bus trans, beam and front arms, disk brakes and coil overs. Just need the time to do it.
I got it running, cleaned it up some, rewired it, built an engine cage, and been cruising it to work when weather is warm. IMG_0572.JPGIMG_0936.JPGIMG_1217.JPG

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I picked this sandrail up cheap and plan on it being super low budget.
We go to the tonopah dunes once a year every April. We ride Moto with paddles but have been jealous of my buddies crappy rail and wanted to get one. It's link pin/ irs with rear disks and a bus trans. The plan is to just share motors with the Baja. Needs to be put back together but can't do shit until it stops snowing. It's under 4 feet of snow next to the Baja. You can barely see the top of the roll cageIMG_0960.JPGIMG_1546.PNGIMG_1547.JPG

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
My Tacoma is the other project. Scored it cheap needing head gasket, driver door and fender. This one SUPER snowballed. Dropped in a jdm 50,000 mile motor and Craigslist door and been daily driving it while collecting parts.
It's getting caged, fiberglass, 4 linked, chaos front, cell, coilovers,bypass,bumps, 35s blah blah blah you know the rest.

Attachments

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds