4 projects, 1 driveway, no time

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Excellent work! Awesome amount of bed space.

I like the recessed tire storage and all the panels turned out great.

What metal brake and bead roller are you using?

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Excellent work! Awesome amount of bed space
What metal brake and bead roller are you using?
Thanks. Max bed space was in mind before I even started the project.
I have a swag brake that goes in my 20 ton press. I like it a lot but only bends 19 or 20” wide
The panel behind the cell I made 1” cuts ever other inch, folded it, welded the cuts back up.

My coworker has a mittler bros roller with power feed. He helped me do the first panel and let me do the rest.
It’s a very nice tool. If your shopping for a roller DEFINITELY get power feed!

Reactions: Turboyota

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Ha, my buddies Baja with an ecotec is done that way. Get ready for the full time built in heater. Great in Winter, not so great in the summer.

Reactions: dose

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
PartyBarge wins, I guess he’s the only one that recognized the coolant lines in the vw tunnel.

I started mocking up a Mazda miata radiator under the hood and it’s a tight fit.
Does anyone know if the coolant hoses matter which way they go?
Normally the bottom of the engine goes to the bottom of the radiator, in my case it would be easier and cleaner to run the bottom engine line to top of radiator.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
PartyBarge wins, I guess he’s the only one that recognized the coolant lines in the vw tunnel.

I started mocking up a Mazda miata radiator under the hood and it’s a tight fit.
Does anyone know if the coolant hoses matter which way they go?
Normally the bottom of the engine goes to the bottom of the radiator, in my case it would be easier and cleaner to run the bottom engine line to top of radiator.
I think it has to do with flow? I don’t know if it matters tho since it’s all pressurized.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
You need to line from the engine to be on the opposite side from the cap. Otherwise you will have problems with the pump over powering the cap and it blowing water out. If you have to do it that way, run the highest pressure cap you can.

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
You need to line from the engine to be on the opposite side from the cap. Otherwise you will have problems with the pump over powering the cap and it blowing water out. If you have to do it that way, run the highest pressure cap you can.
So are you saying I want the hot water to enter radiator furthest from the cap?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds