4 projects, 1 driveway, no time

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Check this thing out! It's right down the street from my new place...

looks like a '75, good potential there. Glad to see it on the OG cab, makes me mad when people transplant them.

The funny thing about chinooks is once you know somebody that has one, you will start to see them everywhere. Before that most people would never even notice it.

Will Smith Hancock movie has one in the background down the street. Right side of the pic.

Reactions: A.J.

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Probably won’t be working on projects until spring unless something breaks but will try to accumulate parts this winter.
I know it’s mostly truck guys here but I’m exited about the latest score for my Baja.
I scooped these chromoly tig welded trailing arms when I was in Phoenix last week. They have micro stub hubs, 930cvs, chromo axles, disk brakes with 4 piston wilwood calipers
F855EE72-24B9-479A-80E4-7D05746BBC3A.jpeg
1BAAF85D-D2A0-45DA-8A81-6A5E335939E0.png

Looks like the bug will end up about 6” wider than the tundra.

Last edited:

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
does your bug have the 7* or 14* torsion tube on it where the inner pivot mounts? hard to tell in the pic if those trailing arms have angle built into the inner pivot or not.

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
does your bug have the 7* or 14* torsion tube on it where the inner pivot mounts? hard to tell in the pic if those trailing arms have angle built into the inner pivot or not.
My bug is still a swingaxle. No inner pivots on it but I will probably end up building complete tube chassis.
I think that is part of what barges comment is about.
The arms have angle on the inner but haven't checked how much. They are still in the tundra under 8" of snow.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Most build in 7* or they bend the torsion tube to 7*.

Yeah if she’s swing axle, you get all the fun! Ain’t too bad though. redid every bit of my rear suspension from when I bought it from the original dude. Don’t fuck up like I did and put the shock in a falling rate because I was looking at the arm completely wrong

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds