4 projects, 1 driveway, no time

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Tube chassis is about what you need for those arms also. Even with the adapter plates for the torsion housing ends, those arms will fuck that torsion housing up in the long run. Also, get ready to move your motor/trans. I would leave it as far forward as possible without cutting into the travel to much. Also, 10* mount that bitch while your at it. < wait, what trans do you have?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Tube chassis is about what you need for those arms also. Even with the adapter plates for the torsion housing ends, those arms will fuck that torsion housing up in the long run. Also, get ready to move your motor/trans. I would leave it as far forward as possible without cutting into the travel to much. Also, 10* mount that bitch while your at it. < wait, what trans do you have?
That last post there that says SWING AXLE kinda says it all

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Didn’t see this post earlier.
it’s a swinger now but I have a fresh bus box from transaxle engineering.
the Subaru engine hangs lower so yes 10* mount is going in
I may not use those arms because after getting them home and measured it looks like they are 12x12. The hubs, brakes and cvs can work and are worth way more than I paid.

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I have some yparts in the mail I’m looking forward to installing on my days off.
Got some locking warn hubs for the T100. Never was a fan of the vacuum actuated 4wd. Maybe get better mpg too.
Also have 350# springs to replace the 250# on the Tacoma rear. Should help level out the rear when loaded up.

Reactions: desert_steve

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I have pulled the Chinook out of hibernation for the upcoming trip that we are going to flat tow the Baja bug to San Felepe
The camper will be getting the Toyota full prep treatment. Tank of gas and check the tires.
The Baja bug on the other hand was in need of some love. It got new 235 rear Goodyear trail buster tires eBay special for 80 bucks.
New tire rod ends, front wheel bearings with the cool guy locking spindle nuts. New timing belt and tensioner. Throttle cable adjustment (I guess I was only getting half to three-quarter throttle) and dome light.

Still need to make a spot for my spare tire and Jack for the bug and probably other little things. Spindle bushings probably should be replaced but the play isn’t too bad I’m just gonna run it since it will get new bugger spindles in the future anyways. Changing out the link pin kin pin bushings are a bitch and not trying to deal with that right now.
Edit. And valve cover gaskets. If they get rid of 1/2 of my oil leaks I will be stoked.
D7389409-0625-438A-BA60-E3E42C792309.jpeg
5C40916B-6FB8-4D78-937D-661A9FC53BB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds