4 projects, 1 driveway, no time

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Starting to enclosed cab with a bunch of free scrap metal I got from work. The panels will get vinyl glued the inside to help with the rattles and add some class. The aluminum sides will get a pattern from the bead roller. The top part with the X is steel and will get welded and caulked in. Dash will be pretty minimal. Probably just tach, oil, water and chinra switch pros for all the accessories
10263751-C951-4C8A-AAFF-DB571C5A3D4D.jpeg
5CB7BF03-2356-4792-A817-AD925273C43C.jpeg
147326E7-75F3-45D1-941B-3AB4A6261E85.jpeg

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
You would need a diode on the driving light power line to keep it from back feeding the other one. Amperage might be a issue, using 2 relays and diodes on the trigger wires would make for smaller diodes.

Reactions: dose

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Just use a triggered ground. Switch for night use prior to flasher trigger. Shouldn’t be a problem
Are you talking about doing something like this? Switching the grounds depending on what I wanna use the light for? I’m not very good at wiring and can barely figure out a relay. The thing barge was talking about is hard for me to understand. Didn’t have much luck finding a solution on the Internet
image.jpg

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I have my backup light wired to the stock lights and a switch. I used a diode... weighs perfect. Should be similar to what you want.

On your old manx we rhino lined the panels which got rid of the rattles

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I have my backup light wired to the stock lights and a switch. I used a diode... weighs perfect. Should be similar to what you want.

On your old manx we rhino lined the panels which got rid of the rattles
So is a diode kind of like a one-way check valve thing? Is there anyway you could draw the wiring like I did above so a child could understand. Asking for a friend LOL.
i’m having a hard time figuring this out.

I was planning on using some bedliner spray for the outside of the panels. Have used vinyl on the inside before on other projects and it works really good.

Reactions: dalandser

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
So is a diode kind of like a one-way check valve thing? Is there anyway you could draw the wiring like I did above so a child could understand. Asking for a friend LOL.
i’m having a hard time figuring this out.

I was planning on using some bedliner spray for the outside of the panels. Have used vinyl on the inside before on other projects and it works really good.
yes, diode is a one way flow valve. power can go one way but not the other.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Here is how mine is wired and if you wired yours the same it would work also.

The diode allows power to flow one way but not the other. So it allows power from the switch to light up the light but not back feed the stock backup lights. Then when I put it in reverse the stock back up lights come on with the after market one. I did not care about it back feeding to the turned off switch

1631632564278.png

Reactions: dose

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds