4l80e torque converter

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Im running a 4l80e with shift kit behind a cam swapped lq9. I need a new converter. Who sells a good one that doesn't break offroading or break the bank.

Thanks

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
I would try going to Sloppy mechanics youtube page and skim through the titles until you find the one he uses. I bet it's cheap and he beats the shit out of everything he touches! I've seen/heard him mention the one he uses, and how good it is, but I cant remember.

Brandon_Charley

OG Member
Dec 4, 2006
Huntington Beach
Circle D is the entry level one for street/strip guys. Summit also has a house brand one. You might need a different flex plate since your LQ4 isn't the same as the other LS ones.

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I had a billet one built by a shop here in Vegas for my 4L80 behind my bored/stroked heavily built Lq9 but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to run it yet. TCR is the name of shop that did mine. They're around the corner from my work and were easy to deal with. Assuming it works once the truck is done, no regrets. LOL

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Circle D is the entry level one for street/strip guys. Summit also has a house brand one. You might need a different flex plate since your LQ4 isn't the same as the other LS ones.
Ok got some emails sent to different suppliers for them and I have an lq9 with 4l80 behind it and standard 4l80e to 6.0l flywheel and spacer

Reactions: Brandon_Charley

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds