4x4 B4000 Prerunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
@the bodj and I both made our own versions of the affordable bender. Well mine was on purpose, his was because it grenaded since 4130 is strong tube.

Also definitely add out of plane tubes, gussets, and a crossover like ryan and tommy are saying. I learned the hard way and ruined a perfectly good shock body.

Apr 6, 2021
Atascadero
@the bodj and I both made our own versions of the affordable bender. Well mine was on purpose, his was because it grenaded since 4130 is strong tube.

Also definitely add out of plane tubes, gussets, and a crossover like ryan and tommy are saying. I learned the hard way and ruined a perfectly good shock body.
I plan on finishing the main hoop this weekend and adding the tube to the bump stop like Tommy suggested. Won’t see dirt until it has everything anyway.

Apr 6, 2021
Atascadero
I'm curious to see how the snouts hold up to the 35s. @Obaja needs to go 35s, but I've been telling him not to until he goes with a fabricated spindle/d44 snout
We’ll see, brandon @ btf was saying the stock spindle is fine strength wise.

Without the 35’s I think my engine crossmember would be smacking the ground at full bump pretty frequently.

There’s no off the shelf option (To my knowledge) for a fabricated spindle unless you go to btf’s race kit, which is completely different geometry.

Reactions: mikey09120

Obaja

Jan 21, 2018
San Diego
We’ll see, brandon @ btf was saying the stock spindle is fine strength wise.

Without the 35’s I think my engine crossmember would be smacking the ground at full bump pretty frequently.

There’s no off the shelf option (To my knowledge) for a fabricated spindle unless you go to btf’s race kit, which is completely different geometry.
Although, this is 4wd and mine is 2wd with them cheesy bearings that dont hold up with tires larger than 33" tires. Haven't experienced it myself but seen a few people with 35s and stock 2wd spindles snap or bend.

Reactions: Caleb.Collective
Apr 6, 2021
Atascadero
Although, this is 4wd and mine is 2wd with them cheesy bearings that dont hold up with tires larger than 33" tires. Haven't experienced it myself but seen a few people with 35s and stock 2wd spindles snap or bend.
From what I’ve seen the spindle holds up fine. There’s at least 1 person I know with 35’s, the same kit, and stock spindle. Otherwise I’ve seen 33’s with no issues whatsoever.

My crippling car addiction is urging me to find a way to upgrade hubs and spindles. I’ve seen nothing about it and it makes me want to do it even more

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds