4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I got the driver's side bumpstop mount in. I need to ream the tube before I can get the bumpstop back in after welding. I was planing to use a stone cylinder honer. We'll see how that works.

Inside Gusseting

I got the master cylinder in. Should be fine with the lines. Who know's if it'll work with the new, bigger brake calipers...

Fancy AN adapters for the water pump

I got the PSC pump and pulley installed

I threw on a belt to make sure everything was going to fit up and it was slightly too long. The steering pulley is smaller than stock so I need to order the next belt down

I just have a few more things to do before being able to install the motor for good. Then I can finalize all the wiring, intake, exhaust, and start this bitch.

dalandser

Sep 30, 2017
Been deciding on how my brake setup might look after going with GM rear disks and (for now) stock front calipers. Read up *a bit* to check how many setups are out there and this was probably how I'll start assessing.

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Haven't had much time for the truck lately but managed to work a little last night.

I got the transfer case shifter mocked up

I started the transmission shifter but the scatter shield doesn't let me use any of the mounting brackets that came with it so I need to fab new ones

I got the hiems I needed to finish mocking up the steering but the single tabs I was trying to use to mock up the brackets are too flimsy to move the tight uniballs on the spindles. I'll just replace the tabs with thicker material and double sheer.

I was able to pick up some used air filters so I guess I'm going to try and stuff these in here somewhere. either option isnt ideal

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Got the shifter cable mounting figured out. The lever arm coming off the trans was super brittle and cracked when I tried to bend it so I had to weld the cracks and a doubler plate on it. Hopefully it's still strong enough

Reactions: Turboyota

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I cracked the winters arm like that as well. I ended up just making a replacement out of 3/16 plate and called it good. Seems to be okay so far but the detents on the a340 are pretty light.

Sean

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I would have completely remade the arm but if it got any thicker the nylon on the nyloc would barely have touched the treads. I guess remaking the arm and getting different nut would have been a better approach. fuuckk it

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I would have completely remade the arm but if it got any thicker the nylon on the nyloc would barely have touched the treads. I guess remaking the arm and getting different nut would have been a better approach. fuuckk it
I am sure that your arm will be more than strong enough. I had to redo mine anyways because the a340 kit pushed the cable out too far which made it hit the front driveshaft.

Sean

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds