4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
thanks man, much appreciated. I took a look at the motor today and didn't see any vents on the P-side valve cover so IDK. I'll do some more research online

I got the steering box back together and installed. The process was a lot easier than I was expecting. This is the tutorial I watched,

I got the headers tacked up. It's a little goofy where the header tubes meet the main tube but that's what I get for adapting an off the shelf part. The flange on the off the shelf headers was angled wrong and necked way down which is why I decided to cut it off. There wasn't room to put the new clamp there so it's just after the frame. Should work fine.

Attachments

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I got the dash fitting today. I had to cut the notches a lot deeper than I was expecting. it's poking several inches past the windshield. I'm pretty happy with how it sits with the steering wheel. It'll look a lot cleaner when I get the steering column cover on it. I'd like to get it upholstered once the rest of the truck is finished but it'll stay bare, maybe rattled canned for the moment. I just need to clean the the cuts and mount it and then it'll be ready to wire.

Jun 3, 2004
Corona, Ca
www.mullenfabworks.com
My hat is off to you, good sir. I get burned out on my personal projects within about 6 months if they're not running. I've really only got about 2 months worth of solid motivation stored up. My number of fucks given is inversely proportional to the number of fucks said during any given project.

Keep it up, I want to see this truck out there this season.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
My hat is off to you, good sir. I get burned out on my personal projects within about 6 months if they're not running. I've really only got about 2 months worth of solid motivation stored up. My number of fucks given is inversely proportional to the number of fucks said during any given project.

i was thinking this same thing. lol

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
The trick is to have enough shitty projects like housework that occupy your time so when you get back to the truck it's fun to work on again.

Or you could just get a job where your gone most of the time.

Reactions: ljubera0250

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
No joke when I started cutting into that same dash in the Toyota I literally couldn’t believe how small it made the cab, contemplating ditching the dash now but may cut into it more and shove it even further forward.
Keep cutting it man. Every time I thought I had it in a good spot i cut another inch out. then when I got my steering wheel in it needed to another 1.5" It's deceptive because the stock dash is so far tucked in and this once needs to get close to that spot.

Reactions: mikey09120 and A.J.

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles

Thanks man. It comes in waves. I'm on year 5 I think for this build, not including the first two times I built it. there were months and months in that window where i stopped working on i, then I would go on streaks. Recently though I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Saturdays I can easily spend 10-12 hours but sundays I rarely get a full day in. usually around 4 hours. I've been doing the heavy lifting on the weekend and saving the more fun/cleaner jobs/easier jobs for the week days like wiring, welding the exhaust, or painting to keep it fresh. it uses different parts of my brain. the only downside is I'm definitively rushing pretty much every job. Im proud of the work but it is frustrating knowing I could do better if I took more time. Im dreaming of the day I won't be slammed into such a small garage. it makes it hard to work and have motivation sometimes especially on smaller jobs. it takes a chunk of time every morning to clean a little, arrange the shop, move all the extra stuff in the driveway. Quarantine has given me a good excuse to spend weekends at home so that has really helped recently.

Honestly though it's awesome my fiance let's me spend that much time in there. She's really supportive and even helps out every now and then. Funny enough, shes never even been in the truck. I rolled it right before I met her. After the truck's done(ish) I promised I'd take her to a really nice, bougie restaurant in LA with tuxedo and dress in the truck and get the truck valeted

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds