4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
The tundra dorks always raved about the spintech sportsman for the 2uz but I never got to hear one in person. I have been running a magnaflow for a few years and it does get kind of drony around 2kish. I am not sure what is different between the MF and the Borla my buddy ran but the borla had more of a growl to my ears.

Sean
I run the 2nd loudest spintech muffler, dumped right after the muffler and it has basically zero drone at any rpm.

Reactions: smokeysevin

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I finished rebuilding the coilovers. I got my bumpstops extended. They barely had any oil them so I filled them like someone explained in Mullen's thread. Completely bottomed out, took the Schrader valve out, then filled up to the top of the piston.

Still hits the bump pad, sweeeet

Annnd got the limit strap installed. (the coilover on the right is actually supposed to be the bypass)

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I've been knocking out a bunch of shitty tasks that aren't worth documenting but I'm getting close to starting the motor. I just need to finish draining the gas and flushing the tank.
I ghetto oil-primed the motor

Ran the throttle cable

My firewall plugs aren't as fancy as yours @FasterNU

Reactions: Turboyota

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I think I have the wiring figured out but I'm still a little confused about how to start this motor. Do I just short the switched ignition and the starter relay to positive voltage? once it's running, how do I stop it?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
short both to positive, if you want the engine to run without the starter running the whole time, pull the starter wire from positive once started. to kill the engine at any time, just pull the ignition wire from positive.

before letting it fire, i would let it crank and build oil pressure first or pre-lube the engine (better idea). real cheap to do, i have a setup like this for duramax engines

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
short both to positive, if you want the engine to run without the starter running the whole time, pull the starter wire from positive once started. to kill the engine at any time, just pull the ignition wire from positive.

before letting it fire, i would let it crank and build oil pressure first or pre-lube the engine (better idea). real cheap to do, i have a setup like this for duramax engines

So I thought there was a wire that told the ECM you were cranking. This is what I thought was the switched ignition was. So you're saying I connect the switched ignition to power, then i use the starter relay to crank the motor, and when i want to turn the motor off I just disconnect the switched ignition from power? the motor is ready to run when it has the switched ignition power and just needs to be cranked. That makes sense

I got the gas drained. I made this sweet gas bong so I could use the shop vac to prime the siphon without sucking in gas

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds