4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
The last components came in to finish up the fuel system so I got it all buttoned up. I was planning on ditching the stock tacoma emissions thing but the aftermarket rollover vent was stuck in the open position which is kind of scary. I ended up finding out that the emissions thing is also a check valve so I ended up using that for the vent and plugging the aftermarket one I got. I also welded up a few holes i wasn't using and got a new sender. It's going to be nice knowing how much gas i have haha. (I still need to run the breather hose)

Rollover vent

I just need to run the last line from the regulator to the motor. I have to run everything on the outside of my frame rails now that i'm planning on running dual exhaust.

Now that I have all the final plumbing done, my plan is to run the motor again for an extended period of time to check the vitals. I also need to make sure the steering hydraulics are all working correctly before I install the shocks and headers which would make it a pain to work on

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
So jealous you can make that dash work...
I tried mocking it up in the cab. But yeah it’s worthless, way to big in a single cab

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
We'll see. The doors don't close at the moment haha. I need to decide if I want to cut the dash or the door trim. It's crazy how much I've cut off this dash. It sits much higher than the stock one

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
We'll see. The doors don't close at the moment haha. I need to decide if I want to cut the dash or the door trim. It's crazy how much I've cut off this dash. It sits much higher than the stock one
have pics of it fit in? im gonna do the same dash but I plan on running metal door panels and not the stock ones. I know codestirr on instagram had fit his in but he said it was a bitch

Reactions: SoupGFX

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
Those pics are great reference. Thank you. Looks like that one is a few inches more forward than mine
View attachment 222279
you might be able to get away with cutting that lip off the end of each pod on the dash to clear the door cards. but id hate to cut a dash up... if you cut your door cards up and not like how it turns out you can have mine. im for sure gonna go metal panel doors so i wont use them.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds