4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I know I've cycled it but I cant find pics for the life of me. The headers are about .25" from the frame. They hug pretty close. The tires don't really get that close them since they are sticking pretty far out. I'll snap some pics when I cycle it next. All my pics are bump and lock in the opposite direction

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I got a little bit farther on the wiring. It ended up being a lot more complicated than I thought it was going to be. I'm not reusing any of the stock wiring or than the modified wiring harness and probably door wiring.

I'm wondering what the hell I got myself into at this point

The sleeving makes it look so much cleaner

Final wiring leaving the firewall. one loom goes to the front and the other to the rear

Half the dash wiring lands on this fuse panel and the other half goes into the bulkhead connector

The dash is officially in. I just need to land all the wires. I decided to put voltage in the empty gauge spot. I'll make covers for the empty switch holes. I didn't end up needing the ones I had planned to put in there. I'm sure I'll need it for something.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
man, i am NOT looking forward to wiring...

and just put some switches in there... you'll find a use like you said.... rock lights, whip, or something

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
That switch is different than the one on my a340 shifter. I wonder why they used a different switch type since the shifters are so similar.

Sean

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
man, i am NOT looking forward to wiring...

and just put some switches in there... you'll find a use like you said.... rock lights, whip, or something
My recommendation is to drawing everything out before you start. include color and line amperage. Yours should be a little easier with the switch pros. I also regret doing the panel fuses on the dash. It makes sense for a race truck but not for a play truck. At least it looks cool
That switch is different than the one on my a340 shifter. I wonder why they used a different switch type since the shifters are so similar.

Sean
Are they still contact switches?

DirtFiend602

DR Maitre'D
Dec 12, 2008
Tinycad is a great free program for making Schematics and line drawings, with symbols and all.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds