4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Is that double cardon brand new? I feel like mine has been clapped out for years but Toyota made it so you can't simply rebuild it with new u joints. I did read somewhere it's possible with some unknown part # for a different u joint. If you ditch it I might be willing to take it off your hands...
You would have to cut your driveshaft to add this CV. It's possible but probably not worth it. You can have my old driveshaft though. I don't have any use for it anymore. I think i cut it an inch or two shorter than stock but you could at least take the joint

Reactions: J4Roe

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
the bushing should keep enough pressure on the nuts/washer to keep them from rattling. With the bushing on either side of the carrier when one bushing is compressing, the other is expanding so the system should always stay preloaded.

Reactions: mikey09120

dalandser

Sep 30, 2017
Is that double cardon brand new? I feel like mine has been clapped out for years but Toyota made it so you can't simply rebuild it with new u joints. I did read somewhere it's possible with some unknown part # for a different u joint. If you ditch it I might be willing to take it off your hands...
It's cheaper and easier to buy a driveshaft than attempt to rebuild the DC or most of the other issues that you can't change yourself or the time and cost needed to track down the rare, hard to find parts. These all are built with easy to service Spicer joints.

Reactions: J4Roe and jonsangel

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
And that shit about having to cut out metal like a caveman because of the down plasma almost made me spit my coffee out lol
It's cheaper and easier to buy a driveshaft than attempt to rebuild the DC or most of the other issues that you can't change yourself or the time and cost needed to track down the rare, hard to find parts. These all are built with easy to service Spicer joints.

Nice! Thanks brother! Those prices might be better than having driveshaft serviced! That's crazy. I called 2 years or so ago to a local shop and the dude quoted almost $300 to service the DC if I remember correctly. Definitely putting a bookmark on that.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
You can get them, let me lookup the parts. I did the rear in my tundra.

I think I used these p/n

Sean

Last edited:

dalandser

Sep 30, 2017
Nice - here are a few other guys putting part numbers out there:

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Nice - here are a few other guys putting part numbers out there:

I think that's the thread I came across from a couple of years ago so I knew it could be done. Truck doesn't have any driveline vibration but it's near 300,000 on the DT... I figure it should be service soon. lol but then again I still have leaking rear axle seals. I will put it on the list and bookmark these pages. Thanks pros! Sorry to hijacking Johns thread temporarily....

Reactions: jonsangel

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds