4x4 dbl cab tacoma build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
What he said^^^^^ not sure on the exact number but you definitely need a little negative

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I do the toe all ghetto using the tread on tires and a tape measure in my driveway. Make front about 3/16" narrower than rear of tires. I have also tried clamping levels to wheels and using them instead of tread. Same results.... which is... seems to work! hahah

You just reminded me with your paint marks. I need to mark my driveshaft so i know how it was assembled for balance...

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I do the toe all ghetto using the tread on tires and a tape measure in my driveway. Make front about 3/16" narrower than rear of tires. I have also tried clamping levels to wheels and using them instead of tread. Same results.... which is... seems to work! hahah

You just reminded me with your paint marks. I need to mark my driveshaft so i know how it was assembled for balance...
I did 1/4" with the 4' sticks. I think i'll need to go a little more negative. I'll try your method now i have the wheels on.

I also punched an "X" on the fittings for when the paint fades or get's scratched off

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ my plan was to use my auto center punch to mark one side as well...

funny fact... i was paranoid the weight of paint could make shaft less balanced. So my shaft is still raw dog.

That's just stupid talk, right? LOL

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I can't see it being that sensitive to weight. Plus the paint should be pretty even around. Th e driveshaft place painted mine. It was painted after it was balanced though

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds