5.0l ranger college build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bajabugmobbin

Jan 17, 2008
Escondido
Does the outline on the cooler have a nice radius on it or is it just a tube welded in? Optimally, it would be wedged shaped with a large radius to each side extending to roughly the centers of the 2 cores.

Other than that, it's a pretty good setup.
Just a tube welded in :( I'll make some plans to address that a bit later. I'm pretty limited on space between the throttle body and the intercooler, ill upload some pics when it gets assembled, not sure how much of a radius I can even fit.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
you made a gaggle of horsepower already, unless the motor still isn't running right, I think you should party with it as-is and get the rest of the truck sorted out.

Chase max HP numbers later.

bajabugmobbin

Jan 17, 2008
Escondido
Dyno was a success! But Trixie made us work for it.

New intake

Old one off

New one on

had to realign the upper manifold to line up with the intercooler. Yes i know the merge is ugly, but I was completely out of time.

And Dyno results! This was about 14.5PSI. I still have the rotary switch that I can select power levels. Lowest level on 5psi makes about 5psi and 470whp. each level increases boost

And some videos

bajabugmobbin

Jan 17, 2008
Escondido
Post Dyno got the truck mostly buttoned up and ready to run. Took it out to ocotillo on my birthday weekend and had a blast ripping around.

The thing absolutely smokes rear tires. Id be surprised if I get 500 miles of full tilt driving out of them. It just skates around on full throttle the whole time no matter what speed you are going. Its a pretty awesome problem to have honestly

Videos of playing on Devils slide:

Developed a pretty good vibration in the driveline towards the end of the weekend. Dove in to it when I got back and found the weight missing off the drive shaft.

Then upon further inspection, found it was actually twisted a smidge! Not very surprising but needs to be addressed.

Slapped the spare shaft in and loaded up for Johnson Valley for New Years! Did great other than some leaks that I need to fix.

Until I ran out of talent and hit a rock. It was kinda hidden so I dont feel that bad about it.

Broke the beam and peeled off a beadlock ring. It didnt even pop the tire or bend the rim. It should not have broken. Should have just been able to throw on a spare and keep moving. QMS agreed the design was sub par and is redesigning them and providing a new beam set. Going to take this opportunity to fix all the leaks (power steering, coolant, and the bypasses) and do some refinement on everything. BFG also isnt selling 37" KR3s anymore so I either switch to Toyo or go 40s... hmmm decisions!

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Damn. Does not look like too crazy of a big or straight up (like a wall) rock either.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds