5.0l ranger college build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bajabugmobbin

Jan 17, 2008
Escondido
Been busy working on other things and found out I a tore a ligament in my shoulder so that kinda sucks/is slowing things down. But still plugging away at stuff.

Got the Yoke, much better. To those that said a 1350 joint is totally fine just remember I'm running somewhere close to 1000hp and now have 40s. There is a reason the TTs go for the 1480s :). And I hadn't broken a U-joint yet probably because I haven't driven it in real anger yet with the spicy new tune. The trips i twisted the driveshaft on were just regular old desert runs, not really pushing it.

Got my new alumiduty all styled out with a new (to me) 110W kenwood, and this fancy (overpriced) antenna mount.

I recently linked up with the Cantina Racing boys and am gonna be helping them out for the San Felipe 250, and possibly some other mexico races this year. Super rad group of guys, goal is to soak up as much knowledge as I can

Mason AWD truck we get to play with:

ID designs 2WD truck that they are also running in SF.

Some cool pit/Chase ideas I already learned:

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
Pretty much. My only real exposure is the old fogeys on RDC who still talk about 4wd like it's a hindrance rather than a benefit.
Missouri. Same thing
lol, I know you're from out of state. Hell I'm in in socal and the big TT teams aren't really accessible except through social media. Random side note (cuz you didn't ask for it).... I've been wanting to see "modern" portals in desert racing since the early 2000's, now that they are here I kind of wish they weren't

bajabugmobbin

Jan 17, 2008
Escondido
Pretty much. My only real exposure is the old fogeys on RDC who still talk about 4wd like it's a hindrance rather than a benefit.
The only downsides I can see is the prep /initial purchase costs, and it makes the truck significantly heavier. They handle better, are able to carry more speed, especially through big whoop sections, and dont chew up tires nearly as fast. seems like they have the reliability aspect figured out pretty well. To fully maximize the potential, they need a pretty big motor, Cantina's mason is running north of 1,100 HP, which you really couldn't justify with a 2wd.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds