My roommate Thomas got his 6100 chassis all finished up, and it was time to bring it home for assembly. Luckily I've got access to some sweet ass equipment with the business so we made quick work of it on Sunday. Got it in my garage and it makes my truck look like a Jalopy. So stoked!
Ill snag some more pictures tonight, the thing is flawless. Thomas is a hell of a fabricator and welder.
Worked on replacing the temp radiator lines with aluminum lines. Should add a small amount of cooling and be easier to package. This was the easy side and it took all day saturday to get it right. Now on to the front which is gonna suck. Basically the goal is to eliminate a bunch of the connectors and have a nice smooth flowing setup. going to use those rubber isolators between the two tubes and the little weld on hose clamp mounts to connect them to the frame.
Made a new steering swinger because I noticed the driver side one was bent after the boulder incident. checked the sector shaft on the box to make sure I didnt twist that to, all good. 1/4" chromo cut out on my plasma table. One serious downside to the plasma table is it makes the metal super hard on the cuts (Way more so than cold rolled or A36), so drill bits and reamers do jack squat to clean up those holes.