550sx build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

00sierra

Aug 24, 2014
this is far as I've made it . Still got some things to finish
It was a nightmare but I'm running a stock Sxr tank for the added fuel with internal filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BKlenk

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Feb 5, 2009
la mirada
True the 44sbn will make a noticeable difference as well as the light weight flywheel but those are hard to find! I actually have a spear one if you are interested. I got it in a package deal with a bunch of other parts a while back. No idea if it's good but I was told the magnets where replace. If you are interested let me know and I'll make you a smoking deal.

00sierra

Aug 24, 2014
True the 44sbn will make a noticeable difference as well as the light weight flywheel but those are hard to find! I actually have a spear one if you are interested. I got it in a package deal with a bunch of other parts a while back. No idea if it's good but I was told the magnets where replace. If you are interested let me know and I'll make you a smoking deal.
What u do is u either buy a oem or you buy a spare oem and send it to a guy named #zero it's like 70 bucks he shaves it down and drilled out ring holes I did my oem it was way worth it . Usually takes like 3 days to and 3 days from

Oem original flywheel anodized and lightened .

True bored carbs is like 70 bucks as well all oem internals

Last edited:

BKlenk

Feb 5, 2009
la mirada
What u do is u either buy a oem or you buy a spare oem and send it to a guy named #zero it's like 70 bucks he shaves it down and drilled out ring holes I did my oem it was way worth it . Usually takes like 3 days to and 3 days from
Oem original flywheel anodized and lightened .
True bored carbs is like 70 bucks as well all oem internals
Yeah that is a way better deal then buying an aftermarket light wait aluminum flywheel.

mx33kalil

Mega Member
May 13, 2009
Yes I have a reed motor. I just bought this one with the reed cause my other ski kept taking a shit every time I rode it. From what I was told it has a 44sb carb on it (I don't know any of the models just from what I was told). I rebuilt it and so far it seems to run MUCH better. But my buddy Brandon got a reed ski last year and was pretty much double the price of my piston port but it sure beats sitting on the beach watching him ride so I ended up picking up my 91 reed ski for a fairly good deal a couple months ago. I'll keep that in mind Bryan I would like to just ride the damn thing and not have to touch it at the moment but I'm sure I'm going to be wanting more power from it, the better I get at riding lol

00sierra

Aug 24, 2014

I just picked my pipe up from powder , pretty stoked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKlenk

Feb 5, 2009
la mirada
That's a good looking pipe! Kalil I agree just ride the dam thing and have fun. As you get better then you can start looking at mods

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds