7100 Bitd class rule interpratation.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Shuntavi

Jul 7, 2011
Hurricane, Utah
I have a few questions. I 'm building a 90 4 runner for this class and had some questions? I'll call Casey if needed but maybe someone knows on here. This 4 runner has coil spring and trailing arm setup. Am I allowed to put taller springs in this?. 2nd question- Can they be removed all together and use coilover shocks instead. I have experience in motocycle suspension and Down hill Bike suspension but I'm at a loss when the rules say I can use Hydraulic Bump stops but not secondary suspension. What is secondary suspension exactly. ? Thanks Shuntavi

Shuntavi

Jul 7, 2011
Hurricane, Utah
I think there close ya. 7100 is mini /midsize truck and SUV. Kinda like a production mod class. I live in Southern Utah so the Bitd events aren't far for me.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Theres a big difference between Stock Mini and 7S as far as what you can modify, gusset etc. Best bet is to hit up their tech inspection guys and ask.

Shuntavi

Jul 7, 2011
Hurricane, Utah
I was aiming for the 7100 Bitd class rather than score 7s cause of my location. I will probably invest in the score rules to shortly. I'll call Casey and see what he says. I just didn't want to be a nag to him but I have two 90 4 runners so I have all the spares I need and will be ripping into them shortly. Thanks for the reply. Scott

Shuntavi

Jul 7, 2011
Hurricane, Utah
In 7100 class the mini and midsize are same class I believe. I didn't see any other class for just mini or 4 cylinders.But my 4 runners have the 3.0 v6 in them.

Shuntavi

Jul 7, 2011
Hurricane, Utah
Bitd answered all my questions and then some. Coil overs are not allowed. Coil springs must reside in original spot but can be aftermarket springs. Adding coil overs and having coil springs in original location is secondary and not allowed. Making a 2 wheel drive version on a 4 wheel drive chassis is ok as long as you don not remove anything from the frame. By pass shocks are ok and remote reservoir mounted shocks are ok. Thanks for the input guys.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds