7200 Advise?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Feb 10, 2008
Vegas
Our race team currently races 1900 BITD, and were now looking to do 7200 in 2009. I was wondering if you guys had any advise or tips?

Thanks in advance.

-Carson

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
From what I have seen from pictures alone, it looks to be a pretty competitve, expensive class. Start doing your research on the best V6 you can afford and build around it.

EseLoco

Apr 27, 2005
Santa Ana
SCR24: ENGINE LOCATION & DISPLACEMENT Engine is limited to a six cylinder. Engine may be relocated as needed on chassis, there are no placement restrictions. Turbochargers and Superchargers are allowed. See SCR33, pg 20.

that was taken straight from the BITD rule book. If i were going to run this class i would build a chevy 4.3 motor. It doesnt seem to state in the rules that you cant use another manufacturers engine. and the 4.3s can be built up to well over 300 HP and ive even heard of 400 in race applications.

And did anyone else notice that it says you can run forced induction. Pretty cool i think that is a first for a race promoter to do that in a Pro class besides MDR.

Tron3000

<span style="color: orange">Racer</span>
Feb 10, 2007
Huntington Beach Ca.
engines must be naturaly asperated, no superchargers or tubos allowed. Casey revised the rules. It is a super fun class and the competition is unbelievable. Every race this season we have had over 20 entries. That is a great turnout, the class is growing so fast.

RCinqMars

OG Member
Feb 25, 2005
San Diego
Run a camburg sticker.
huh?

....If we could go back and the budget was even higher, then a bowtie would be in the truck for sure. What kind of truck are you racing right now?? The only thing that certain teams are freaking out about is trackwidth, so make sure you are not over 85" from outside of tire. We literally squeaked (like measuring apperatis sp*, squeaked onto tires) through the measuring process, built to perfect class specs....THANKS CAMBURG :D

Feb 10, 2008
Vegas
engines must be naturaly asperated, no superchargers or tubos allowed. Casey revised the rules. It is a super fun class and the competition is unbelievable. Every race this season we have had over 20 entries. That is a great turnout, the class is growing so fast.
Yeah thats awesome, we just want to progress into a bigger better class and 7200 seems like the way to go.
IMO

Zyntel Racing

missing one
Apr 6, 2006
Temecula
I currently have a Chevy bow tie motor that is roughly based off the 4.3, and my motor is putting out more than 450 hp, but this is strictly a race motor with quite a bit of work done to it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds