75’ C10 Tube Chassis

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
Next up the bulkead was welded into place, tie rods made along with much more tubing and gussets upfront. Link mounts were welded onto the chassis amongst many other small details and Camburg welded there link mounts onto the housing. April 14th 2019 the front end of the C10 was assembled for the first time. Her trackwidth sit's at 92.5"s wide and cycles 27"s metal to metal upfront, the rear is 90"s wide. Huge stepping stone to finally see this thing start to somewhat resemble a truck and be able to roll.

Last edited:

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Question. Why did you buy a complete running truck just for a cab? Wouldn't buying a cab be cheaper/easier?

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
Question. Why did you buy a complete running truck just for a cab? Wouldn't buying a cab be cheaper/easier?
Well for a couple of reasons to prevent hassles down the road really. I bought the truck running for $1000 bucks and sold the rest of it for $700. Started my project for $300 essentially and it was register and plated with the DMV and had no smog requirements because of it being a classic vehicle which also made it's registration fees incredibly cheap. I doubt I could of even gotten a cab alone for that price. Not to mention I fully intend to drive this truck registered on the street and doubt I could of ever gotten an unregistered chassis/cab to ever pass Highway patrols ref's and inspection process in the state of California, and definitely wouldn't of gotten it on smog exemption. Ironically now I live in Nevada, but regardless it's registered as a classic vehicle and plated as such.

Last edited:

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
Better make sure the bulkhead is fucking flat where the rack bolts on or it will bind. I would not have done the mount like that.
Pretty sure the water jet cut the plates out flat... Thanks though, lol. I'll do my best to keep the bulkhead flat and the steering rack from being assembled onto the chassis catawampus... My original plan was to weld it all without a jig and warp the living shit out of everything, God did I miss DR's responses. *Please read this in a heavy southern accent.* :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds