75’ C10 Tube Chassis

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
Pretty sure the water jet cut the plates out flat... Thanks though, lol. I'll do my best to keep the steering rack from being bolted on catawampus ...
I'm sure the plates were cut flat but any welding could have warped it a bit. I've seen that part be Blanchard ground or milled back flat to ensure no problems in future

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ColesCoffin_13

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Pretty sure the water jet cut the plates out flat... Thanks though, lol. I'll do my best to keep the bulkhead flat and the steering rack from being assembled onto the chassis catawampus... My original plan was to weld it all without a jig and warp the living shit out of everything, thank God for your help. God did I miss DR's responses. *Please read this in a heavy southern accent.* :LOL:
You'll know when you bolt it down. There are 2 options to fix it if it is, shock shim or open the holes up and stick tube through and weld tack them in while everything is bolted up.

jonsangel

Apr 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Pretty sure the water jet cut the plates out flat... Thanks though, lol. I'll do my best to keep the bulkhead flat and the steering rack from being assembled onto the chassis catawampus... My original plan was to weld it all without a jig and warp the living shit out of everything, thank God for your help. God did I miss DR's responses. *Please read this in a heavy southern accent.* :LOL:
ahh you're that Cole. I remember you're tacoma build now

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
You'll know when you bolt it down. There are 2 options to fix it if it is, shock shim or open the holes up and stick tube through and weld tack them in while everything is bolted up.
No I hear ya lol , and I could see sticking a tube through and tacking it. It was all braced down in place. These are older picts, ill throw some newer stuff up tomorrow.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds