75’ C10 Tube Chassis

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
So back to this old blue bucket... Lol. We re-did alot of the backhalf last Summer (about the only exciting thing to happen during the Covid lock-down summer of 2020) ha... I originally was going to have my 2 spare tires mounted side by side but switched to having them stacked. I also switched from a rectangular style fuel cell to a tear drop shaped cell behind the cab (needed a tear drop or jeep speed style to clear the upper links.) I also picked up a Howe control valve and upgraded from a 2.5" to a 3.0" wide spread Howe steering rack.

By this time Blake Wilkey bought a house with a shop up in Ramona, took some time to get the shop equipment up there and get the new shop fully up in running. Come Halloween we were back at it! In the mean time I had PRP build me some seats, got a Winters shifter for my 4l80e, a PRP wheel and quick disconnect, 2.5” king bumpstops, 74 Weld Sway arms, bushings and a sway bar. Also ordered a Blitzkrieg steering column and some steering shaft joints and ect off Kartek and some other odds and ins.

Second time the truck seeing daylight sense it went under the knife, moving day back up to Ramona lol.

Last edited:

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
November - late December was the next true updates to the chassis and gets us almost up to speed where I’m at with the build. Plated up some of the firewall in the front of the truck, mounted bumpstops on the rear and made mounts on the housing, mounted the fuel cell, made rear shock mounts, added abunch of gussets/ tubes to the backhalf completing it. Garrett also welded on a million dzus springs/ buttons, plated the back of the cab up and all of the back half then we painted the tubing with steel it. We also got the motor/ trans mocked up in the front after stripping the engine and putting an LS2 oil pan/ pick up on the block and placed some more tubes in the roof of the cab and around the transmission. I’ll take some picts soon of the back together with bumps/ shocks on, spare tires in, sway bar and suspension back on and ect ect.

Last edited:

christianewing

Let 'R' Rip!
Aug 18, 2008
San Diego, Ca
Garrett did a great job on the tin work! That stuff is so time consuming and tedious to get right, after doing our truck I have gained such a gnarly respect for people that are good with it haha!

ColesCoffin_13

Low Budget Astronaut
Jan 7, 2021
Las Vegas
Garrett did a great job on the tin work! That stuff is so time consuming and tedious to get right, after doing our truck I have gained such a gnarly respect for people that are good with it haha!
Dude considering how he recently got into tin work too! So stoked on his hard efforts and the outcome, and like you said, mad respect to anyone talented at plating.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds