76 ford courier DD/fun truck

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

turbocourier 79

trying to build it all
Apr 5, 2005
southern oregon
mostly done untill i get some coil overs, then i can make the arms and finish the hoops.
i am making a bolt in cross bar in front of the radiator so i can pull the engine and tranny combo easily.

Last edited:

turbocourier 79

trying to build it all
Apr 5, 2005
southern oregon
fired up the cnc and hacked at this block to make the plenum, took about 80% off it.
this has a ford/holley 2 barrel bolt pattern and will be used on my 2.0 zetec motor. nothing special but should work fine.
kinda like the old 70's inline 4/6 aftermarket intakes....retro.

Last edited:

turbocourier 79

trying to build it all
Apr 5, 2005
southern oregon
i need to get some longer tube for the middle 2 and mill up the flange real quick. this was by far the trickest section.
when i get more funds down the road i will mill up a throttle body to fit on this and make it fuel injected.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

done! MY BUDDIES POOR 250 AMP MACHINE STRUGGLES WITH THE .125"+ THICK MATERIAL.
someday when i get bored i plan on port matching the manifold to the head some. the 2" tube is a bit large but should work fine.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

this thing took forever!
the plan

the tool

main bend

the box

i made it so it fills in the whole corner. this way crap kinda stays out. the bed will be used a lot.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

inner workings

3x 3/8" carriage bolt thru the bed.

final fit

main hold down piece.

now i need to splash some paint on her to beat back the rust.

turbocourier 79

trying to build it all
Apr 5, 2005
southern oregon
my buddy makes dump truck boxs and trailers in the valley so i am going to try and get over there to bend up my sheet for the new dash. it is pretty easy on his 400 ton brake. lol

my new radiator is out of a 91 plymouth car.?. it is 40% bigger and dual core but the biggest reason was that the zetec has the water pick up on the drivers side and return on the passengers side. the old one was backwards.
i added a ford taurus 2 speed fan on there because they are the shit for 15$!

squirelmurphy

Sep 10, 2007
Rossmoor
Nice work, I have a soft spot for couriers. My bro-in-law had one years ago with a turbo 4 cyl from a t-bird in it, lots of fun in that truck.

Looks like a fun project, will be watching this one for sure.

turbocourier 79

trying to build it all
Apr 5, 2005
southern oregon
got the dash trimmed good enough for now. the ends are short so after the cage is done i will patch that in.
now i have to cut in some goodies and then weld her up....

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds