7s build on it way have a few q's

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

hemanhe

Sep 13, 2007
heber ca
i currently purchased a ranger and i want to build it into a 7s i have the score rule book but i want to get a bit more info.

to begin my first question is on the rear end. i want to run a 9" but i want to know the width that i have to cut it down to.

ill post up pics of the build as i go and if you guys have any input you guys want to give im open to all this will be our first race truck so i want to build it right.

simon5ay5

Mega Member
7s only allows u to go 1 or 2 in wider then stock which means putting on some 8in wheels just put u at maximum width so if u are having a custom 9in made it needs to be the same as stock if u use offset wheels or u can make it slightly wider if u leave inset wheels.

sent by another dumbass using Tapatalk.

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
If you're remotely serious about building a 7S truck you need to get a copy of the score rule book and read thru it. DR is not going to be the place to get these types of answers. Everything you need to know is in there. RDC has a private 7S section and if you PM the admin over there they may allow you access to it but you're probably going to have to show some proof of legitimacy. The fact you don't know the basic things like width limits and what you can do to the front suspension tells me you're not very serious about racing in 7S though to be honest.

Hey Dan, hows this for old school??? LOL

hemanhe

Sep 13, 2007
heber ca
i do have a copy of the rule book but it does not tell you the width of the rear end or the front end. most of them had 8.8 but i was tring to see if any one had a class 7s with a cut down 9" so i could more less know what width they cut it down to. but
simon5ay5 answered that for me. as far as the front suspesion. i know i can put a hiem on the radius arms, plate the beams and radius arms, can u make a chromoly sterring for it and get rid of the stock steering rods?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds