87 4Runner Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
I think they are supposed to be ET style lug nuts but I'm just running normal tapered nuts since thats what was on there when I got it. I meant to look into it when I was putting the truck together but totally forgot. Slightly sketchy.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I think that’s how fat Jeff’s are. Mine looked tapered when I got them so I ran tapered ones with mine. After looking into it I think you’re supposed to run shanked, not taper or ET style, but I never had a problem.

sc610

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Cruz
Spare won't fit under the truck. I don't have time to make a nice tire carrier for the back , maybe eventually I'll get a hitch mounted carrier. In the meantime, should I mount the spare in the cargo area with a threaded mount like this ORI one or should I do a ratcheting Y strap?

If a strap, does anyone know of a low profile one? My last one had a ridiculously oversized ratcheting mechanism

dsrtrcr01

Booshie Cat
Jan 31, 2005
I popped an eyelet through the floor and did 2 Ratchet straps to the stock down rings and that eyelet.. Been there for 10yrs. Probably flat by now. Never needed it... yet

Reactions: sc610

sc610

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Cruz
The home Depot straps are way less exciting than ordering new, more expensive stuff. Got that installed and now waiting on my replacement rear carpet.

I do have a pretty big oil leak coming from somewhere high on the motor. I think it might be at the head. I'm thinking either a warped head at one of the oil galleys or maybe a leak at the timing cover that is blowing back across the motor. Since pulling the head is the best method for a timing chain, especially since I think the leak could be at the timing cover, is there anything else I should do while I'm in there? Going to have a machine shop check the head, do a dual row timing chain, arp head studs, and call it a day?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds