87 Ranger Rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

805TundraVc

May 29, 2007
Ventura, CA
I bought this truck a few years ago from a guy on DR, drove it around and beat it up for awhile and then i rolled it 6 months ago due to a flat tire going into a turn.

Before

After

We only rolled onced and it landed back on its wheels. Only damaged was to the cab and a flat tire. Cab cage held up fine even though it wasnt tucked very well to the cab. So then we tore it apart and Tyler from TNT fab is doing all the work on it.

It had Camburg 4.5 beams and i was really happy with how they perfomed but wanted something with a little more trackwidth so i took the beams to Camburg and they cut the billet ends off and turned them into the 6.5 limo beams( thanks Jerry )
The engine cage was old and outdated so we cut it off and started over. Picked up some 2.5 King triple bypass and a new radiator and this is where it stands today.

Radiator mount

Shock mounts & bumps

Doing a single swing steering right now, should be done by the end of the next week and then its time to swap the cab and redo the cab cage. Gonna run glassworks conversion clip and get Camburgs spindle with the 2.0 hubs for the front.

Last edited:

805TundraVc

May 29, 2007
Ventura, CA
Thanks for the pics! Tyler's got the pitman arm and the swinger done just waiting on metal to finish up the steering. More pics in the next few days.

805TundraVc

May 29, 2007
Ventura, CA
Well things took longer than expected but heres some updates, the clip is just sitting on there. Alot more work to go but its getting there.

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds