88 bronco build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

circafwsk8r86

Jan 23, 2014
Can anyone help me with 3.0 Coilover spring rates/valving up front? Downsouth says like 200 8” over 350 22”

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Huh? You went from no radius arms last week to springs this week. I get buying parts before needed. But , without knowing motion ratio and all that , you are guessing at spring rates.

circafwsk8r86

Jan 23, 2014
I’m mounting Coilover as close to tire as possible , what more is there I need to know? Have any productive suggestions for me?

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Radius arm length also says a part in leverage applied to the shock. Close to the tire means nothing. Is th shock straight up and down , played over towards the engine, towards the front or rear of the truck? All of these factors and then some play into spring selection and shock valving. You can have two trucks that are identical when it comes to springs and valving. But, weight distribution and leverage applied by the beam and radius arms will have drastically different handling characteristics.

circafwsk8r86

Jan 23, 2014
MR=(d1/d2 so close to the wheel means a lot to me. Take ACF in consideration. Think I’m going to mount the shock leaned over the intake manifold. No. TTB trucks are close to 1:1...... 90* or close off beam at bump same goes with radius arm. Therefore shock will be leaned toward engine slightly and torward the firewall slightly. Quit will your wise guy shitt. I asked a simple question for those willing to help with experience. Not mumbo jumbo.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds