89 Hound Hauler 2.0 thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Wellllll, I made a deal for a set of 2”x14” king coil overs. They were rebuilt either a year and a half ago or 6 months ago. The ad said “last December” and were “used” 5 times since. They have 150 over 150 lb coils. I’m sure I’ll have to revalve them and buy new coils but the price is good. Now, hopefully the deal doesn’t fall through.

I haven’t spent any time on the truck, I’ve been trying to spend more time with my girls since fire season came a month early this year. I have to finish building a goat pen for the old lady before I can work on my toys.

Last edited:

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
My parts list:

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Skip the shock hoops and put that money towards a bender. You could probably save a few bucks picking up tubing locally too.

On the TTB ranger that I smashed up in the rocks I used .188 wall for radius arms. Never had an issue with that. I've got a suspicion I would have been OK with .120, but I have seen what .120 wall rock sliders look like after a season and went thicker.

14's might be a little hard to package in the front, but with them being 2.0's vs 2.5's the shorter compressed length might work out. If you end up using them make sure to claim space for a 2.5 for when you want to go faster later on.

Reactions: Rowdy Fitz

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Has anyone who’s reading this built their own extended RA’s? I’m thinking about building mine out of 2”x.25” wall dom with a heim.

I’m thinkin I’ll use the front half of the stock arm, add some .25” plate and use square tube to reinforce it on the top, where the tube meets the stock arm. I would be angling it to gain more tire clearance also. Similar to the bottom arm in this picture.

Attachments

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Has anyone who’s reading this built their own extended RA’s? I’m thinking about building mine out of 2”x.25” wall dom with a heim.

I’m thinkin I’ll use the front half of the stock arm, add some .25” plate and use square tube to reinforce it on the top, where the tube meets the stock arm. I would be angling it to gain more tire clearance also. Similar to the bottom arm in this picture.
Works great, here's a set i built a long time ago the same way, except I kept the factory style bushing

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds