89 Ranger 4x4

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
So this happened last night. More pics will be up soon along with a carnage report. I didn't even get a picture of it all prettied up. Shit happens, just glad I'm not hurt
IMG_1343.JPG

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
The trip started out great. Got to camp thinking we'd be some nasty stormy conditions. Turned out to be super sunny. Decided we aught to do a little froading before it got dark. Got as far as I could down the trail and ended up stuck on my way back through
IMG_1340.JPG

Took about an hour to get unstuck and headed back to camp. By now it was dark as shit. I blew passed a turn and ended up down a hill side about 150-200ft. Instead of looking for a different way back to the trail I decided to do a u turn and head back up hill. Ended up on my side after sliding off some slick slanted rock. After trying to retrieve the truck for a couple hours that night, we decided to leave it and recruit some help in the morning.
IMG_3360.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_1352.PNG

Turns out the trail continued a little further down that hill. If I would have just looked for an alternate route, I'd have been in the clear. All of the fiberglass ended up destroyed. I'm still unsure why the drivers side had damage. The only body damage was due to me being an idiot and trying to use my floor jack to tip the truck over
IMG_3396.jpeg

Reactions: SoupGFX

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
Damn looks like it could have been worse, where we're you guys camping? We were at our cabin at Hume all weekend lots of snow up there, memorable Memorial Day weekend for sure!

Reactions: GahnRacing

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
I need a little help. This morning took the time to created a wire harness for my light rack and convert my middle 2 to HID. I went to test them on a battery I had laying around (12.43Volts) and none of them turned on. I checked continuity through out each plug to see if I fucked something up (typical reason) but everything checks out. I tried them all individually and I was only able to get one to fire up. My question is, does my truck need to be running to get these things to fire up? Maybe not enough amps off a battery of itself?

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
I need a little help. This morning took the time to created a wire harness for my light rack and convert my middle 2 to HID. I went to test them on a battery I had laying around (12.43Volts) and none of them turned on. I checked continuity through out each plug to see if I fucked something up (typical reason) but everything checks out. I tried them all individually and I was only able to get one to fire up. My question is, does my truck need to be running to get these things to fire up? Maybe not enough amps off a battery of itself?
Try it with the truck running cause the ballasts need full power to illuminate the bulbs. If not then Make sure polarity is correct then check ballasts.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds