89 Ranger 4x4

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
Truth.

But they will only be at this stage once and the dezert and garage will always be ready for you later.

Plus, trucks are just as fun without fiberglass.
Oh yeah, I completely understand that. I’m just bitchin to bitch. I can’t wait till I can take them with me.

On a side note, I’ve been kicking around a 4 door build possibly starting next year. For the last year I’ve had a TTB swapped 97’ to 03’ 4 door F150 on my mind, but lately I’ve been thinking of building the 91’ Explorer I picked up awhile back instead. Thoughts? Votes? Anybody want to put a down payment on this thing? lol

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
I vote Xploder too, they are easier to fit on a trailer than a super crew. But hell you already had the red one that was pretty cool.

Last edited:

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
The only thing I wanted in my explorer was power, and these days LS or 5.0/5.8 swaps are way easier, I would totally build another. I was wanting to pick up a 99-04 (?) with the v8 and do a motor swap, and body swap for the nicer dash/interior. If i did it now, id go LS or other stand alone motor/trans swap, and swap the interior to the newer style. Or just build the v8 explorer since a-arm kits are also getting cheaper than they were 10 years ago. Only limitation would be rear suspension, but that all depends on purpose of the vehicle. You could go full size axle and get the shocks on the outside of the frame and still have room for a bench in the back.

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I wish someone would make a one piece hood for our body style with an integrated grille haha. You’re making me want to get McNeil glass though, it looks real nice. How much trimming have you had to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
I wish someone would make a one piece hood for our body style with an integrated grille haha. You’re making me want to get McNeil glass though, it looks real nice. How much trimming have you had to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here man. I really wish there was a nice flat top one piece for this year. I feel as though there’s a market for them.

I have yet to do any major trimming. Possibly next week. Only piece I’ve cut off is the giant lower front piece that would accommodate a stock bumper.

jeepspeed

Mega Member
Dec 29, 2004
Phoenix Arizona
Same here man. I really wish there was a nice flat top one piece for this year. I feel as though there’s a market for them.

I have yet to do any major trimming. Possibly next week. Only piece I’ve cut off is the giant lower front piece that would accommodate a stock bumper.
Anything is possible with McNeil. There’s about 10 of us with 93-97 rangers and mark is working on some new front glass for us. Dm him I’m sure they can do something.

Reactions: maxwell279

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Anything is possible with McNeil. There’s about 10 of us with 93-97 rangers and mark is working on some new front glass for us. Dm him I’m sure they can do something.
^^^ say what?
How wide we talking? And there better be some 10" flat bedsides with that! You know... ones that are actually flat instead of the advanced/glass works 10" "droopsides" lol

I bug him every time i see him to build some. I need glass for G4 too.

Reactions: maxwell279

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds