i_gitmoney

Feb 7, 2015
Salem, OR
Started working on my dream build. 1991 Ford Ranger, 4x4, ext. cab. I pretty much gutted the whole truck, now its time to start building her up. I bought a 99 Explorer for the motor and trans. What I am in need of is parts/suggestions on my build. Beams, radius arms, mounts, shocks, etc. So if anyone has any stuff, ideas or contacts to help me out, that would be rad. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Reactions: SoupGFX

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I'm sure this will come across as me being a dick but... You posted this in the classifieds section? Are you actually hoping people offer you up parts or are you just looking for suggestions on good sources/places to find parts? Also, you don't know what parts you need, how much they're going to cost or where to get them but you've already torn the truck apart and stripped it down to start the build? Call me crazy but I feel like maybe some planning should be figured out before you pick up the tools maybe? Crazy talk... I know...

Solo, Autofab, Camburg, probably BTF, lots of garage guys all make beams. Just about every fab shop out there makes radius arms and mounts or will make them for you.

i_gitmoney

Feb 7, 2015
Salem, OR
I'm sure this will come across as me being a dick but... You posted this in the classifieds section? Are you actually hoping people offer you up parts or are you just looking for suggestions on good sources/places to find parts? Also, you don't know what parts you need, how much they're going to cost or where to get them but you've already torn the truck apart and stripped it down to start the build? Call me crazy but I feel like maybe some planning should be figured out before you pick up the tools maybe? Crazy talk... I know...

Solo, Autofab, Camburg, probably BTF, lots of garage guys all make beams. Just about every fab shop out there makes radius arms and mounts or will make them for you.
HAHA! Yeah i know i got way over excited about my build. So excited i posted in the wrong thread it sounds like, oops. I know things are spendy, i'm not too worried about buying EVERYTHING right off the bat. But i am looking for suggestions and whatever anyone may have to help me out. And i am a welder fabricator so im sure i can make a lot of the parts myself, all i need is the knowledge of how they are fabricated. I have it torn down cause i wanted to, plain and simple. (Hopefully im not coming across as a dick either) I already have an Explorer for the V8 swap and whatever i need for that aspect. All i need now are parts and a couple more tools (Tube bender mainly, which i should be ordering in the next week or so. Other thing is, i'm located in Oregon and there arent too many prerunner guys out here compared to SoCal.

Anyways, thanks for the advice and your "2-cents", everything is appreciated.

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
LOL, all good man... I'll post more tomorrow. I've got some sources... But up front, what level of truck are you realistically looking to build? I just sold a $10K 4wd ranger about a month ago and I'm potentially dropping 14k into a f150 build here over the next 5 months... I've got a plan. LOL btw, that f150 is already 25k into the making as it sits currently, it's not a slouch as is.

Reactions: i_gitmoney

i_gitmoney

Feb 7, 2015
Salem, OR
LOL, all good man... I'll post more tomorrow. I've got some sources... But up front, what level of truck are you realistically looking to build? I just sold a $10K 4wd ranger about a month ago and I'm potentially dropping 14k into a f150 build here over the next 5 months... I've got a plan. LOL btw, that f150 is already 25k into the making as it sits currently, it's not a slouch as is.
I already guestimated having about $15-$20K into the build over the next year or 5. Figured that should be about ball-park giving that BUYING things from companies like Camburg are going to easily put me about $5k into just doing the front end alone. But yeah its all good bro, like i said any and all suggestions, pointers or whatever will deffinetly be appreciated through the process. Level of truck wise.... whatever i end up with. Obviously im tryin to do things as best as possible and not just slap a janky prerunner setup together. Following SCORE requirements are in my plans for sure. Thanks again man!

i_gitmoney

Feb 7, 2015
Salem, OR
Why? Are you planning on racing it? SCORE cage requirements are a little overkill for a play truck. I have seen plenty of people spend the extra money for a race legal cage and never race it.
I would like to be able to race it if that opportunity ever presents itself. So i'd rather start building it for it now than have to change a bunch of things later down the road.

Reactions: Okiefab922

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds