92 F1 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

goofballracer

whatever
Feb 8, 2008
Bump steer is still there a little bit, but alot of it is coming from play in the stock steering box. It doesnt like all that leverage from the 39's at speed haha. Shocks are way better now, i think im going to go one full turn out on the rebound in the rear after watching the video but it jumps good and runs at 75% really well which is where im typically driving that truck if i dont know where im going.
when is the next trip?

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Bump steer is still there a little bit, but alot of it is coming from play in the stock steering box. It doesnt like all that leverage from the 39's at speed haha. Shocks are way better now, i think im going to go one full turn out on the rebound in the rear after watching the video but it jumps good and runs at 75% really well which is where im typically driving that truck if i dont know where im going.
Good to hear on the steering! I just did a Howe box and ram on mine. No clue how it works as I'm likely still 3-4 weeks from hitting the dirt but I'm excited. Picking up a pressure regulator and gauge on my way home tonight and I'll check into the block off deal you mentioned above. Thanks for that heads up! If things go well I should be firing mine up next week I'm thinking. I'm anxious to hear what 600+ sounds like in my driveway finally!

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Realistically I know the answer to this but sometimes I feel the small items hurt the pocket book more than the big items!!! LOL, the $6k bitchin floater hurt the pocket book but at least I got something big and shiny and badass to show for it! The stupid $170 fuel pressure regulator though last night, ugh... I want more substance when I'm spending that much money! Like it should do something cool or be chrome plated or maybe come with a monkey that does tricks on the side I don't know... Or how about having custom hoses made? I hate those things!!! I'd much rather spend $8k on a fire breather motor than $80 on a handfull of nuts and bolts!!! But point being... I picked up the regulator last night and need to do some google searches to find a factory block off and get that on order today.

Thanks again!!! I very well was heading right into the exact same situation you guys had only I'm not sure how long it would've taken me to figure out the issue!

goofballracer

whatever
Feb 8, 2008
Realistically I know the answer to this but sometimes I feel the small items hurt the pocket book more than the big items!!! LOL, the $6k bitchin floater hurt the pocket book but at least I got something big and shiny and badass to show for it! The stupid $170 fuel pressure regulator though last night, ugh... I want more substance when I'm spending that much money! Like it should do something cool or be chrome plated or maybe come with a monkey that does tricks on the side I don't know... Or how about having custom hoses made? I hate those things!!! I'd much rather spend $8k on a fire breather motor than $80 on a handfull of nuts and bolts!!! But point being... I picked up the regulator last night and need to do some google searches to find a factory block off and get that on order today.

Thanks again!!! I very well was heading right into the exact same situation you guys had only I'm not sure how long it would've taken me to figure out the issue!
I always say its either 100.00 or a 1000.00 there is no in between.

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I always say its either 100.00 or a 1000.00 there is no in between.
I was joking with my counter guy at my local speed shop that I'm on first name basis with... I told him it would be nice if like maybe they could put in a under $5 bin of stuff so I could for once get out of there without spending a ton of money!!! LOL I'm pretty certain drugs are cheaper at this point.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
as much as those cams will give you! anything over 6 id say. ive got 9degrees. and thats leaning towards the cab....i dunno if youd call that positive or negative. sooooo ya lol just make sure its towards the cab not the bumper

caster has alot to do with steering wheel feed back. the less you have the more "loose" your wheel will feel.

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I don't know the truth to this but I was told by two people about 25 years ago, one being Perry McNeil that the if you draw an imaginary line thru the upper/lower bj's on beams that the line should intersect the ground right at the front of the tire's contact patch to the dirt. That said, I've always ran basically as much as I could... My last explorer was in the 14° range if i remember right and never had an issue.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds