92 F1 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
yea if it had no bolt.. then it will probably hold. But something to watch for sure! Good eye littlebird.

I have had my eye on that solo double shear pitman arm part for a while. Want it for all 3x trucks really. I kill steering boxes every so often... and i think it will help

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
We were thinking about that! Seems like a smart idea since we have heard the Ford sector shafts tend to crack. There is a new one in the box now that HOWE installed, but that double shear setup seems legit.
When I sent my box into Howe for the same set of goodies you guys did on yours they replaced my stock shaft as well and sent the old one back with the cracked area circled that they found while doing the mag check. The crack was so small I would've never been able to notice it otherwise. But I figured for the amount of $$$ into the steering system that little extra bit just seemed worth it to me. Not to mention I don't want to know what that ride is like if it did ever sheer of at speed! Yikes!!! LOL

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
good spot! I didn't even see that after the many times I watched the clip during editing. You are 100% correct that the frame is deflecting. Looking at the bumper, there is no bolt at that mounting point...FAIL. Will definitely handle that before the next trip out, thank you for spotting that.

May be the case, if so we will make something, going to start with a bolt first 🤦‍♂️

Isn't it funny how you can look at a truck over and over and over again and it's dialed and ready but then a fresh set of eyes can walk up and point something out in like the first 30 seconds that you've looked right at a bunch of times and simply never noticed!!! We made a habit to have a friend or two come over and simply crawl all around our race truck the week before a race to look for cracks or anything that just simply seemed off. You'd be amazed at the tiny little detailed issues we've caught because of a fresh set of eyes on it...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds