94 Ranger Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
definitely D44 Spindles. Jury is still out on the beams. looks like a really bad d44 knuckle conversion. the adjuster cam doesn't sir flush on the beam. my guess is someone drilled out the D35 upper balljoint to fit the D44 cam/balljoint, then cut off the lower ear and welded a D44 lower balljoint ear. If executed properly its a great setup. the D35 third member is nearly as strong as the D44, but the D44 knuckles/spindles/hubs, are much stronger than D35.

Reactions: AshtonP59

AshtonP59

94 Ranger Prerunner Project
Feb 18, 2019
Oak Hills, CA
Not letting me post photos but finally back on this thing, got the tubes cut off behind the rear end and now mocking up for the new partial backhalf

AshtonP59

Feb 18, 2019
Oak Hills, CA
My dad and I finished a sample piece (now using it for the end piece) for the back. Going to tie it together in the middle. Any suggestions on how to mount the fuel cell? We are thinking aluminum straps around the top but I want to see how you guys have done it too.

AshtonP59

Feb 18, 2019
Oak Hills, CA
Tacked up the rear end. Now just need to make a couple more tubes and then I need to learn how to tig lol. Going to have to do something weird with the filler like go through the tire or preferably get a different one and splice it.

Reactions: SoupGFX

AshtonP59

Feb 18, 2019
Oak Hills, CA
Well it's been a little bit since I have posted an update but no school means lots of truck work getting done lol. Not sure where I left off so here's some random pics I have gathered. Finished up most of the rear tubes. Got a different filler for the cell to clear the tire, got some more 35 15s, took the rest of the mazda stuff off to make it a ranger lol. And cut out the center console and the weird bracing in the extended cab area for a third seat!

AshtonP59

Feb 18, 2019
Oak Hills, CA

Oh and turns out I guess leaf springs are not meant for going past flat so we will be playing most of the frame back in 😂🤷‍♂️. Got the rearend truss and brakes mocked up tho and put it in and it hit the battery mount, so made a new one and it was still too close, so chopped it out but turns out it's not going up that high anymore so the original would've worked 😂😂.

Reactions: SoupGFX

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds