94 Ranger Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
definitely D44 Spindles. Jury is still out on the beams. looks like a really bad d44 knuckle conversion. the adjuster cam doesn't sir flush on the beam. my guess is someone drilled out the D35 upper balljoint to fit the D44 cam/balljoint, then cut off the lower ear and welded a D44 lower balljoint ear. If executed properly its a great setup. the D35 third member is nearly as strong as the D44, but the D44 knuckles/spindles/hubs, are much stronger than D35.

Reactions: AshtonP59

AshtonP59

94 Ranger Prerunner Project #brodozer
Feb 18, 2019
Hesperia,CA
Not letting me post photos but finally back on this thing, got the tubes cut off behind the rear end and now mocking up for the new partial backhalf

AshtonP59

Feb 18, 2019
Hesperia,CA
My dad and I finished a sample piece (now using it for the end piece) for the back. Going to tie it together in the middle. Any suggestions on how to mount the fuel cell? We are thinking aluminum straps around the top but I want to see how you guys have done it too.

AshtonP59

Feb 18, 2019
Hesperia,CA
Tacked up the rear end. Now just need to make a couple more tubes and then I need to learn how to tig lol. Going to have to do something weird with the filler like go through the tire or preferably get a different one and splice it.

Reactions: SoupGFX

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds