95 Ranger 1450

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

exp24

Jun 4, 2006
Ramona
After building the truck for 5 years and racing for the last 7 years I was able to purchase something I've put my blood sweat and tears into. This project initially started as a hobby for my buddy and his Dad, shorty after we moved towards a competitive 1450 race truck.
First race was 2013 HDRA 250 in Ridgecrest, made it 10 miles before the brakes failed. Second attempt 2014 SCORE Imperial 250, made it 2 out of 3 laps until a electrical issue caused a DNF.
Than we came to MORE and found our place in the desert scene. We would average 1-2 races a year from 2015- 2018 race seasons. Finishing about 50% of the races on average. Always improving and upgrading on what we could afford.
The 2020 season was upon us, with this being the last season before my friend moved on and explored new adventures. That season we were able to make 4 out of 5 races with multiple first place finishes and a third place to claim the MORE 1450 Sportsman championship. All of our hard work paid off, just to make it to a race and finish was our primary goal. With that, my buddy was looking to sell the truck and I was in a position to obtain it and continue the adventures.

The truck is a 95 Ranger with the back half cut off, Fiberwerx Raptor Gen 1 bedsides and one piece. The motor is out of a 91 ford Mustang V8 5.0, Bostick racing engines stroked it to a 331 paired with a Culhane C4 transmission. Front suspension is Giant equal length beams, Camburg 2.25" hubs and spindles, Fox 2.5" coil over and bypass's about 22" of travel. Rear 4 link has Camburg 55" links, their 3.5" housing paired with 2.25" hubs, 40 spline axles and EWR 10" with 5.43 gears. Fox 2.5" coilover and bypass's makes about 28" of usable travel. The truck sits on BFG 35" Baja TA's with a operating weight about 4800 lbs. Tiedemann Racing harness wired the chassis, Howe power steering full setup, CBR tranny and oil coolers with PWR dual fan radiator. 32 gallon Jaz fuel cell with Aeromotive fuel pump paired with Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 management system and UMP air cleaner. Overall the truck is solid and dependable.
The plan is to upgrade to 37" BFG Baja TA's, 3.5" Fox bypass's all around with SDG tuning. Fiberwerx Raptor Gen II fiberglass.

Attachments

exp24

Jun 4, 2006
Ramona
I ordered them last November, got multiple extended dates for pickup. I was told from 2 months to 6 months for non custom shocks.

exp24

Jun 4, 2006
Ramona
Fresh rebuilt C4 from Steve Culhane, he originally built it 10 years prior and had zero issues with it. Looking forward to another 10 years. Culhane does a outstanding job and his work is second to none.

Attachments

Reactions: mikey09120

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds