97 Hot Roll Ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
I'll be curious to see how the FOAs work out. I've seen very mixed reviews about them, but they've been on the market for quite a while now.

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
The FOA bypasses won’t work very well with the hose coming out of the top cap, but that’s an easy fix with a fitting, some drilling/honing/TIG work, and a plug for the top cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
I'll be curious to see how the FOAs work out. I've seen very mixed reviews about them, but they've been on the market for quite a while now.
I had FOA coilovers, bypasses and bumps on my last truck, and I loved them for the price. I also have some F150 bolt on shocks for my daily driver in the rear and they work great..I would probably never buy more expensive shock brands even if i could ever afford them.. What I have heard is that a lot of the customers are mud trucking people which would make sense why they have a rep for leaking.. the seals have lasted for me and rebuilding them is cheap and quick. They also have two O-rings on the sealheads.

Care to elaborate on why lower resi is more effective and what it combats. I forgot why they are better.
And yes the insides of the bypass tubes have been a little rough. Meanwhile enjoy this photo of cholo mustaches bumper, i just was recommended some DR members method wheel review and apparently he likes stashes.
70CC76F0-F950-4E81-A4A9-8DB88B70BA26.jpeg

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
The lower resi helps to ramp up the dampening on full compression/bump zone. Especially on solid pistons. Fluid has nowhere to go. With top mounted resi the gas charge can still compress.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
We ran the expensive 16`s. Snapped both shafts in half on 2nd or 3rd trip. Simply bolted in some sway a ways and they worked fine for about 8 yrs with no issues until the truck was linked. I added that part to say the geometry was good... shocks just broke. Only experience I have with non white rocket ones.

Reactions: Bertismyname

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds