97 Hot Roll Ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
Change the rebound to a .008 stack.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Part of the problem you are fighting is the top mounted resis on those FOA bypasses. You need to plug the top caps and weld a fitting to the bottom of the shock to mount the resis from so you actually have a bump zone. Once you do that run half .012 half .015 compression and .008 rebound and it will be a world of a difference. Also plug all the bleeds in the piston like mentioned above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlie_brown

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
This^ it's bucking from the lack of compression damping. You want the leaf springs to rebound as fast as possible.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
x3! backwards valving.

Lots of people think hitting a single bump and getting a buck is from rebound. Nope, it is from bottoming out!

Now, what I would do in the meantime instead of wasting all that effort on fixing the top mounted reservoir "Fail Over Alls" ... is, I would try running more N2 pressure as a bandaid.

So I would run that exact stack set up that ooranger said... and I would pump up N2 PSI to like 300+.

In fact, I think that is the exact valving I had on G1 with the 64" kit! It had 2.5" X 18" smooth body RadFlo's which were also top mounted reservoir.

Reactions: ucd baja

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
Part of the problem you are fighting is the top mounted resis on those FOA bypasses. You need to plug the top caps and weld a fitting to the bottom of the shock to mount the resis from so you actually have a bump zone. Once you do that run half .012 half .015 compression and .008 rebound and it will be a world of a difference. Also plug all the bleeds in the piston like mentioned above
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alrite thanks for the replies, I will consider welding the resis off the bottom in the future next time they come off, and plug the free bleeds at the same time. If I were to weld them to the body, where should they be placed, do i want the bottom of the hole for the resi fitting to be just above the top of the sealhead? or does it need to be placed relative to the piston? thanks

This^ it's bucking from the lack of compression damping. You want the leaf springs to rebound as fast as possible.

gotcha, makes sense now, thanks. I will work on comp and try to get it closer with current valving and then go from there with this in mind.

x3! backwards valving.

Lots of people think hitting a single bump and getting a buck is from rebound. Nope, it is from bottoming out!

Now, what I would do in the meantime instead of wasting all that effort on fixing the top mounted reservoir "Fail Over Alls" ... is, I would try running more N2 pressure as a bandaid.

So I would run that exact stack set up that ooranger said... and I would pump up N2 PSI to like 300+.

In fact, I think that is the exact valving I had on G1 with the 64" kit! It had 2.5" X 18" smooth body RadFlo's which were also top mounted reservoir.
Thanks for the input, I will probably try 250 psi since my N2 hose setup is rated at 300 psi and its harbor freight pneumatic hose so idk if thats actually a reliable number.

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
Going to be my first time going to Cal City this weekend! Gettin some small shit done did! Coors light, random pittsburgh hand tools And cuuuntry music..
89CB8BCC-3A08-4828-9EA9-F3E0C67FB0F5.jpeg
DBC5C0C3-024D-4356-B29D-F4C90E8654AD.jpeg

Gotta replace this thing with a spare
9250D36D-7101-4A49-AB45-03327DEA4A74.jpeg

Then rebuild that leaky front bumpstop.. also got scavenge another bump for the rear of the truck that imploded its wear band!! How the fuck Does that happen.. ?!?
Ill just borrow it off this exploder
7057318D-B230-4F5E-AE83-D3D457496350.jpeg

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds