97 TTB Ford ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
I don’t plan on doing anything to build this truck to crazy, but I wanted to log my progress in hopes of inspiring others. I’m fairly new here so I guess i’ll introduce my self, i’m Caidan, i’m 15 years old and live is San Diego. Anyways, heres a little info on my truck and where its at right now.
1997 Ford Ranger XL
4.0 with a 5 speed
4x4 with stage one ttbs from solomotor sports with their radius arms
It has 4.56 gearing
had front glass about 4.5” unknown brand
rear bedsides and just rolled, no glass
rims and some 15” steely street locks
tires are falkon wilkpeak 35x12.5 r15s
have 4” lift coils in the front with bilstien 5100s
rear has deaver f31s with some flipped hangers and shackles, unknown brand, best guess is camburg shocks are some 2.0x 11 ish foxes that are under the bed
track width in the front is currently 80” and rear is 73”
front travel is ~14” and rear is 11”
lights a rough country 2 pods and a bar

Heres a few pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Looks like a good start. Needs better shock setup in the rear for more travel. Then drive it around and enjoy it. Fuck working on it.
Definitely want to get some 16” 2.5 shocks in the rear that will suit those deavers more appropriately. I’m currently working on a bumper for it right now and will have a update on that when it’s completed. I’ve enjoyed it so far and am definitely enjoying it!

Reactions: DirtFiend602

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
You could probably get away with 14's. If those are stock length springs I doubt they will cycle more than that. Hydraulic bumps in the front is a really nice addition to beams.
Yeah I wasn’t sure for the rear but thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely planning on adding some hydraulic bump stops, however i’m not sure what would be more beneficial, hydraulic bumps or coil overs. I’m sure I will do both eventually but I currently have a limited budget and could only do one. After I see how it preforms offroad I will make my decision.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Bumps first, just make sure you put them in a spot to clear coil overs later. If you go with a 3 tube bypass in the rear, you can get away without a bump back there. Make sure you get the overlapping comp tube layout like Fox uses.

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Bumps first, just make sure you put them in a spot to clear coil overs later. If you go with a 3 tube bypass in the rear, you can get away without a bump back there. Make sure you get the overlapping comp tube layout like Fox uses.
I will definitely get 3 tubes in the rear and I want either fox or some old sway aways. I will probably just use some foam on shaft bumps like some open wheel buggies use and that should save me some money. In the front I will probably go will a 2.0x3” bumps in front front, and add a limits to save my little bilsteins and keep my coils from falling off.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds