97 TTB Ford ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
I run Bilstein 2.0’s and have had no issues except for a bad schrader valve. I’d say any brand is pretty much fine.. except for FOA anything.
Haha FOA. I would never.

Get 4" ones. When the time comes we can walk you through how to set them up.
I do plan on getting the 4” length and most likely shortening then to 3”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
I sold a few things this week and decided it was a good idea to buy some bump stops. After going back and forth between which brands were the best and if I would buy new or used and I ended up going with a new pair of fox 2.0x4” Bumps. I still am looking for a place to buy some cans for them and with start my install after I finish my bumper build(post soon) Anyways, heres a picture and I will have more updates soon.

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
After weeks of slow progress I finally got my bumper just in time to make it out to ocotillo this weekend. Here are some progress pictures.

I mocked it up in solid works to get and idea.

I used a plasma cutter for all my cuts and it made things go a lot faster (and more fun)

Decided to make it bolt on in case I ever need to pull the engine or want to change it up

and heres what its looking like now. I plan on making some air ducting to keep it cool and keep the dirt out the intake. Just need to finish it up and then its time for my front end build. It worked great out in ocotillo but needs more dampening in the front, its a springy bitch, those bumps will be nice too. The rear end rides great and will leave it as is for a while. Let me know if you have suggestions for extending ttbs and coil overs.

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Where did you get the scan of the ranger for solidworks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I got it from a guy who was going to use it for beam ng (a video game) I think it was the one that Kevin Butts was using for his mod, maybe he had it scanned.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds