97 TTB Ford ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Thanks!
Hmm 9.5” is what I got but these are definitely not 9” bulge… Maybe i’ll just buy some 6.5” bulge and hope they are wider haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Well i've successfully relocated my master cylinder. After 2 revisions I got something
that fit in there nice and snug. I ended up using
some brass bushings for the main pivot and they
work great. I tig welded the entire thing and im
pretty happy with it considering this was my first
time tig welding. Next up is the engine cage and
mounting the coil overs.

Any tips on the welds would be appreciated!

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
#1. don’t contaminate your tungsten by dipping it in the puddle or hitting it with the filler rod as Barge stated.
#2. Keep 6-10 sharpened tungstens at the ready so you can keep on keeping’ on when you have Michael j Fox moments.
#3. Looks like your hands aren’t steady. Get a bunch of blocks and shit to rest your hands on and use a relaxed, controlled grip on the torch.
#4. Welds look hot and with barely enough gas coverage. Looks like you contaminated the tungsten, then powered through the less-than-ideal arc properties by flooring the pedal.
#5. Fucking great work on the cantilever! Well done!

Reactions: Caidan

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
#1. don’t contaminate your tungsten by dipping it in the puddle or hitting it with the filler rod as Barge stated.
#2. Keep 6-10 sharpened tungstens at the ready so you can keep on keeping’ on when you have Michael j Fox moments.
#3. Looks like your hands aren’t steady. Get a bunch of blocks and shit to rest your hands on and use a relaxed, controlled grip on the torch.
#4. Welds look hot and with barely enough gas coverage. Looks like you contaminated the tungsten, then powered through the less-than-ideal arc properties by flooring the pedal.
#5. Fucking great work on the cantilever! Well done!
Thank you, all this info is super helpful!.. and you are definitely right on #4 apart from that I don’t have a pedal haha

I’ll get a better welder some day

Reactions: Turboyota

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds