97 TTB Ford ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Can you scribe a line on the bedside that is parallel to the cab and then trim along that line? Effectively, you'd take out a wedge that is 2" on the bottom and nothing on top. Then scoot the bedside forward? Or since you have a bed you aren't able to move it forward?

If option 1 doesn't work, cut a slit from the top to the bottom while keeping the bottom intact. Push it forward till it hits the cab, use some scrap material to keep the gap, and fill it in with fiberglass. Some body work and it should look fine.

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Can you scribe a line on the bedside that is parallel to the cab and then trim along that line? Effectively, you'd take out a wedge that is 2" on the bottom and nothing on top. Then scoot the bedside forward? Or since you have a bed you aren't able to move it forward?

If option 1 doesn't work, cut a slit from the top to the bottom while keeping the bottom intact. Push it forward till it hits the cab, use some scrap material to keep the gap, and fill it in with fiberglass. Some body work and it should look fine.

View attachment 237336
Yes, the first option you mentioned should work. The body line wont be tight and there wont be a fillet on the end but I never expected perfect. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
DO NOT TRIM. DO NOT CUT.

The fiberglass relaxed likely from being layed flat. Take the glass off and lay it down. Put some wood blocks under the corners of the wheel wells and let the weight of the fiberglass slowly reshape it. That or you can pull/push and bolt it to your mounts into the shape that you want.

Reactions: Ryan Jubera

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
DO NOT TRIM. DO NOT CUT.

The fiberglass relaxed likely from being layed flat. Take the glass off and lay it down. Put some wood blocks under the corners of the wheel wells and let the weight of the fiberglass slowly reshape it. That or you can pull/push and bolt it to your mounts into the shape that you want.
I was messing with it some more tonight and I was able to bend it mostly into place. I will try to wood block method tomorrow. Thanks!

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Lucerne Valley, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Also not having a support in bottom corner of wheel opening doesn't help either. You can make a support that is a little longer than where it is now. If you loosen the bottom bolt on bedside and pull out corner of wheel opening does it straighten out the bed to cab gap better? I've had to do that on almost all fiberglass to get the front edge of bedside to be straight and match the cab gap

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikey09120

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Also not having a support in bottom corner of wheel opening doesn't help either. You can make a support that is a little longer than where it is now. If you loosen the bottom bolt on bedside and pull out corner of wheel opening does it straighten out the bed to cab gap better? I've had to do that on almost all fiberglass to get the front edge of bedside to be straight and match the cab gap

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yes it does get better, I made a new rod to push the bedside out further but it still isn’t perfect. I am going to see if it loosens up over and few days and I can stretch it more. I think it will get there without any trimming.

Reactions: the bodj

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Those fenders are notorious for having a massive upward kick when mounted, idk if they were ever meant to be mounted to the stock bed but they are terribly shaped regardless. Your truck is the best looking truck I’ve seen with them.

Caidan

Aug 12, 2021
Vista, CA
Those fenders are notorious for having a massive upward kick when mounted, idk if they were ever meant to be mounted to the stock bed but they are terribly shaped regardless. Your truck is the best looking truck I’ve seen with them.

Thanks! I’m almost finished mounting them, just waiting for some washers. They are definitely not meant to be used with a bed and the overall build quality is disappointing, but I managed to flex the fuck out of them and get the body lines perfect. I will post pictures when they are fully mounted.

Reactions: mikey09120

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds