98 F-150 ext cab

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Please elaborate on this! I’m interested in your experienced take.
A 2” bump mounted off the frame so it hits the lower arms still controls +6” of travel at the wheels. In extreme cases I have even seen trucks with them hitting at ride height and controlling 8-9” of wheel travel in Wich the bump stops literally do nothing. Tuning wise it either feels like a brick when it does hit the lower arms because you need a ton of PSI for them to actually act as a bump stop, or it’s set soft to not mess with the shock and it doesn’t really do much except stop metal on metal contact. In every case I have tuned it dents lower arms because of the leverage the tires and arms have on them. Maybe if you hung them 8” off the side of the frame it wouldn’t be near as bad. Ideally bump stops should only control the last 2-4” of wheel travel.

If you don’t have room to mount them off the uppers and spindles, than run foam shaft bumps on your coilovers. I have tuned Multiple trucks with those guys and they are magical (with proper coilover valving)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Forget Regrets

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
If you don’t have room to mount them off the uppers and spindles, than run foam shaft bumps on your coilovers. I have tuned Multiple trucks with those guys and they are magical (with proper coilover valving)

I think I have 12F, 20C, 12R and comp adjuster I think is 15. I forget. It was valved for the front of my ranger originally and this truck is a V6

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Took the truck out this past weekend and truck did really good. Feels like it needs a little more compression on the front MAYBE in the rear too. Turned the compression adjusters 15 clicks in on the front. For the rear I closed the short compression tube all the way and long compression in 1.25 turns.

Talked to the guys at work and we are thinking about plugging a bleed hole in the front and open the compression adjusters back up and turn as I go. Going to take the bypasses off and re-valve them during lunch or at the end of the day too. Talking about taking some rebound out and closing the tube as I go; if need be maybe add a 4th tube too before buying bigger shocks.

Used a special rubber plug I got from our plater, tapered it down with my knife and shoved it in the hole lol. Added silicone around it it keep water and diet from coming in the back side. Too much of a hassle to take everything off to weld a plate on the back so for now this works.

Reactions: JakeEwing

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Only videos I got were yesterday on our way out; 3 people including myself and loaded with camping gear.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ hahaha I almost made a comment too

My buddy was even taking a picture vertically the other day. I was like WTF are you doing!? There is a thing called aspect ratio.. and all screens have it. LOL

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
^^^ hahaha I almost made a comment too

My buddy was even taking a picture vertically the other day. I was like WTF are you doing!? There is a thing called aspect ratio.. and all screens have it. LOL
I hate watching something on you tube with all that wasted space but I should’ve said something to my friend prior to her recording it... hoping the next video I get is on that rhythm section over by slash x and recorded sideways

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds