A arm 2wd LT shocks

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Norcal runner

Feb 21, 2020
Hollister
What’s up everyone , I’m installing a Camburg LT kit on my 98 ranger. I have 8” fox coil overs. After cutting out my stock coil buckets I need to fab new shock mounts. What would you guys recommend as a starting point? Is there a typical? I realize that I will fine tune the shock after mounting.
Shocks measure eye to eye 26”Extended I’m unsure what my spring rate is. Is this just a trial by error?
After cycling the suspension from full droop to full bump is there a way to find ride height etc... just hoping someone can shoot some knowledge my way. Thanks

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
This is how I do it.

Remove any bump stops. Bolt on your arms and tie rods. Set your arms at bump metal to metal As high as you can and stop it before you are interfering with anything that can’t be clearanced. Put a tire on and turn it full left and full right. Now that it’s at full bump, remove the springs and nitrogen from the shocks and compress them all the way. Bolt them to your arms and this will give you the height for your upper mounts. Ride height will be set by spring rate and can be fine tuned with preload. Set your bump stops to stop up travel about a 1/4” before the shock is fully compressed. Set limit straps about an inch before the shock is fully extended or suspension starts to bind. Again, check tire full turn left full turn right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Norcal runner

Norcal runner

Feb 21, 2020
Hollister
thanks guys imma do both of them I like knowing how to do it because I can check I may use baker fab wiy kit or bend my own shock hoops they defiantly do some nice fab. Thanks for the info guys I’ll post when I do it to hopefully help another.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds