A-arm baja project

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

MQUnlimited

<span style="color: yellow;">Premium Classifieds</
May 25, 2008
Apple Valley
www.youtube.com
Its been a on going process...I had started a thread about the rebuild but figured I'd start one on the a-arm conversion. B-pillar forward is going to get cut out and eventually gonna cut out the rear and place the trans 3" further back with a 10 degree tilt so i can run 6X5s.

My baja stripped down for the conversion. Will post more pics as I get more.

WannaB-Class5

Her name is Dielila vvvv
Apr 1, 2005
Poway (SD), CA
I can see them fine. Can I ask who designed the arms or more specifially why they are built so HD for the front of a bug? The uppers seem like overkill...I kinda assume its basically as easy to go big as it is to go small, and not much more cost?

MQUnlimited

May 25, 2008
Apple Valley
www.youtube.com
I can see them fine. Can I ask who designed the arms or more specifially why they are built so HD for the front of a bug? The uppers seem like overkill...I kinda assume its basically as easy to go big as it is to go small, and not much more cost?
Like said above, they aren't as big or overkill as they appear. Didn't really look at a cost difference between boxed vs tube uppers. Tube uppers with boxed lowers IMO look wierd and an after thought so I basically wanted to match them both.

Spec breakdown is

- 4130 plate
- 1" uniballs
- 80" trackwidth
- 2.0 hollow snouts on modified pro am uprights with pro am brake hubs
- 22" travel with 10" c/o, 12" tripple bypass
- Fortin 2.0 ramrack with 4130 plate spread bar

Who built them and what's the cost? I'm looking at doing a-arms on mine.
Just for the bulkhead clip, arms, spread bar, tie rods, hardware and uprights Im at around $4300. Includes CAD drawings.

Last edited:

FrontierFighter

<span style="color: orange">Racer</span>
Oct 19, 2008
Palm Dezert, Ca
Like said above, they aren't as big or overkill as they appear. Didn't really look at a cost difference between boxed vs tube uppers. Tube uppers with boxed lowers IMO look wierd and an after thought so I basically wanted to match them both.

Spec breakdown is

- 4130 plate
- 1" uniballs
- 80" trackwidth
- 2.0 hollow snouts on modified pro am uprights with pro am brake hubs
- 22" travel with 10" c/o, 12" tripple bypass
- Fortin 2.0 ramrack with 4130 plate spread bar

Just for the bulkhead clip, arms, spread bar, tie rods, hardware and uprights Im at around $4300. Includes CAD drawings.
Thank you for laying down the cost. Everyone alway thinks A arms will be cheep. Keep it coming, that fucking Fortin rack is going to be almost 2k itself. Good hubs another 2k, but it will be sick as fuck.

MQUnlimited

May 25, 2008
Apple Valley
www.youtube.com
Thank you for laying down the cost. Everyone alway thinks A arms will be cheep. Keep it coming, that fucking Fortin rack is going to be almost 2k itself. Good hubs another 2k, but it will be sick as fuck.
Yeah, its definately not cheap by any means...I'm closer to the 8k range with parts. I have everything to complete this except the hubs. Gonna buy those when the front end is on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds