A retarded trophy truck

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Oil getting past the IFP is from not enough pressure. Oil force overwhelms the piston and allows it to go past it. You are well past resi out the top limitations.
No, other way round. Nitrogen is getting in the oil. My resi is worn, I need to stick my bore gauge in there and see just how bad the taper is but I have a cunt hair thicker metric o-ring I’m just gunna jam in there.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Took the shit box to Moab for 3 days of wheeling. Wasnt sure i was going to make it with the way work has been stacked up but after a few long nights at work prior to the trip. Threw some clothes in a bag, loaded the tracker onto the trailer with very minimal prep work, hitched up and headed off. i pulled an uneventful late night drive and met everyone in Moab last wednesday night. Made it there by 12:30am beating google maps time by 30 min. Grabbed my room in the condo i rented with a few friends and crashed the fuck out. Plan was meeting at the gas station at 7:30am to go get breakfast and hit Poison Spyder trail.

Got up the next morning at about 6:30 to unload and meet at the gas station. At this point we had a 2 seat canam, 3 rzr 4 seaters, 2 jeep rubicon JL’s, a TJ rubi, and my tracker. my dad had one of those JL's and my buddies were in the golf carts. We grab our shit and head to teh gas station, then head off to breakfast. Shit talking started immediately on who would break first or get all wadded up on an obsticale. By 8:30am, we were off and headed to the trail head. Aired down in the parking lot and i was apparently nominated at some point to lead this shit show. We head on down the trail and really dont run into much fuss.

hit some hard lines, smashed some whoops and came to the split point of "do we make this a long ass day or turn around and run a different trail?". Basically the trail can then lead on to Golden Spike and then finally into Gold Bar Rim. Everyone wanted to see and do the "Golden Crack" (its as gay as it sounds) so long fucking day it is. Ran through Rocket Launcher, The Launch Pad, Sami Hill, and out to the rim lookout for lunch. we were cookin along pretty good.

After lunch and liquid liberations, we headed down to the crack. Watched some Peej's get all dicked up on what seemed like a sketchy line till i saw what they did wrong on tire placement. i walked down with ease and guided everyone else through without any fuss. Then hit the crack and took some obligatory picture to capture this gay majestic site.

Front end flex ain’t nearly as cool as the rear but still substantial considering what it is.

First rzr to go through, i had him go through it at an angle. i knew this would be a little hair raising for him and he pants sucked that seat up faster than a starving crack head on a rich mans dick. after i finally stopped laughing, couple guys pushed her back and he carried through. the net couple guys either hit it straight on or slightly sideways. No departure and approach angle helps these golf carts. Went up and over the boulders just past this and didn’t realize I was no longer on the correct trail. Started heading everyone down and things didn’t quite add up. Went around a huge horse shoe canyon and started some hairy climbs that push you toward the cliff edge. Then come to this waterfall and I’m like “ok, this for sure ain’t the trail” and my buddy scott goes “I didnt know we were gunna run rusty nail! Good trail!” And I’m like “uh nope, never intended it!”. So as more liquid liberations were drank, initial assumptions were to climb the last fall and I’d winch everyone else that doesn’t make it. To add to this, my buddy in the canam boldly says "if you do it in the tracker, ill hit this shit unassisted in the canam". Absofuckinglutly, dont tempt me with a good time. Shit would be tight as you have to walk a ledge and climb a big ass boulder, then hit a waterfall at the end. Had my buddy guide me and the tracker made it with out any fuss, almost too easy. Canam was next and that fucker fell right into the crevasse you have to straddle! ha! All wadded up

Everyone behind was like “nope! Let’s go back and finish the other trail”. They didn’t want body damage. So back down I go and scott gives the JL’s a ration of shit that the tracker showed them up with no issues. Little did we know, that was the last obstacle and going back out added 2+ hours to our drive. Oh well, everyone was happy the other way. I had winched the Canam up the fall but he decided not to go back down and would just finish out Rusty Nail since it would be much shorter. we played on a few more obsticales like Double Whammy and the last fall on GBR. Took winching the TJ up the last fall as it was just too steep and he didnt have enough wheel base. Once out, it was dirt roads and whoops back to the highway, fuuuuuck yeah. The liberations were setting this tracker free and by god if the retarded trophy truck didnt come spilling out of the old girl! Wasnt a rzr in sight by time i got to asphalt.

Headed back in to town and grabbed some dinner/beer, shut the place down at 10:00pm and hopped over the road to the condos. Finally finished off a few more beers by 11:30 and crashed out to get up for breakfast at 8:00am the next morning. Plan was Hells Revenge for the second day.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Day 2. Headed out to hells revenge. Few of my buddies brought their dirt bikes to do the cycle trails on this run (i was jealous, looked like a blast). i made it to the first obsticle after you go over the small version of "lions back" and started to climb a 3-3.5 foot ledge. RF tire was taking the brunt of that climb and tires were turned about 25* or so. its not really moving which i think is weird as ive done plenty of climbs like this before so i give a bit more throttle and BAM, blew what i think is the CV. no biggy, i carry 2 spares at all times. back off, take the bypass and hop under it to start taking it apart. as i take the cv bolts out at the drive flange, i notice the driveflange is loose as shit... strange. i move the cv around and its not broke... fuuuuuck. at that point i knew i broke the damn stub shaft. only had 2 more bolts to take out so i pulled it out. sure as fuck, twisted the splines right off. started looking around and realized the bolts for the diff mount had back out and were catching the stub shaft. im sure between the high torque climb and bolts holding the stub shaft back, it was all that little 26 spline shaft could take. So i stabbed it back in and decided against finishing the trail in 2wd. could be done but didnt want shit floating around in there or break something else i was missing.

went back to the trail head, packed it and Dad let me take the wheel of his JL. Ran hells gate, hit the hot tubs (big one denied the JL, i gave that bitch all she had with brake boost launch in 3rd gear. just wasnt enough), Mickys tub was a walk in the park. bypassed escalator (that fucker will eat a pretty jeep up in a hurry) and finished out the trail by 3:30. My buddies on bikes did all these obsticles, both up and down. fuckers.

video of me trying to get the damn jeep up there. might have done it with more run up and holding to the right more but god damn that shit is sketchy feeling

when we got back, the afternoon quickly turned to party time. Beer and liquor was a flowin! we got some bomb ass bbq from "the blue pig" and just got shitty. finally passed out around 11pm again.

Day 3 was suppose to be an "easy trail day" so the old men could get their shit loaded up and i guess some wanted to leave that evening (fuck if i knew, i wasnt told that). My buddy suggested Kane Creek. suppose to be a cool trail with only one hard spot called Hamburger hill. Alright cool, lets run it. head out at 9:00 am the next morning and its a little rough at the trail head but nothing nasty, got down into the creek and that was cool. just running through that fucker back and forth on a smooth trail.

By about 12:00, we hit hamburger hill with a group trying to crawl it in UTV's and a group behind us in a jeep and samurai. the group ahead is going around this big fall and from where i was, it looked like the big ass jeep had no choice but to do the fall. The guy up top showed me a cemented in winch point and i said "fuck it, we have a winch. lets go for it". hit it 3 times and finally got all wadded up to the point i couldnt go forward or backward. hook the winch to the winch point, hi the button and................... nothing. wtf, brand new billy bad ass warn winch aint working. i start pulling shit apart, fucking with the remote, jumping the solenoids to see if that gets it moving... nothing still. finally realized the damn winch aint grounded. This jeep was in a wreck a year ago and when teh body shop put it back together, they never installed the ground strap from the winch to the frame. motherfuckers... tried jumper cables as a ground but the wiring was too small. it killed the jeep battery and would kill the engine once back running. Wound up getting a guy with a jeep snaked through and he winched us up off the fall. there went 2 hours of time.

no pics of that shit show as i was knee deep in trying to get that fucker moving. think we finally got out of that canyon around 4 pm. Back to the condos we go and we load our shit up. My buddies and i decide to tie one on. holy fuck, shots of some decent tequila, beer (like anything we could find, 18 pack of ultras cashed, 24 pack of coors cashed, 12 pack of PBR gone and i dont remember what else), some pizza we somehow figured out to order, drunken stumbling through the other condos out there fucking around, puking at one point, and then i realize "fuuuuck, i gotta get up at 5:30am" for the 7 hour drive home. i thought i set my alarm for 5:30 as i tried to lay down at 12am but realized when my dad called at 6:00am that my double vision missed the part that said "set for monday through friday". im still drunk and tell him its gunna be 30 min at this point, go ahead. i take a shower to try to shake the fog off, get ready and head to the gas station. all of us are NOT doin to hot that morning. Finally get on the road by 6:30 and motor on home. had me a monster and a gallon of water, i was good to go by AZ border.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds