A retarded trophy truck

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
A........C.........computer? WTF?
yuuuup, this is an expansion valve system so compressor is always on. computer monitors evap freeze up, pressures, compressor trigger and receives signal from the ecm for compressor cutout under heavy throttle. not a whole lot special about it but of course shits all intertwined with the rest of the body wiring.

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Megasquirt it!

36-1 trigger wheel, ford VR sensor, LS coils. Run it wated spark batch fire, no need for a cam sensor. I just got my first MS project on the road and am really happy with it.

You could probably use the stock crank trigger setup too it just might take some more work/research

Got nothin for you on controlling the trans. Swap in a 3rd pedal haha

Reactions: smokeysevin

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Megasquirt it!

36-1 trigger wheel, ford VR sensor, LS coils. Run it wated spark batch fire, no need for a cam sensor. I just got my first MS project on the road and am really happy with it.

You could probably use the stock crank trigger setup too it just might take some more work/research

Got nothin for you on controlling the trans. Swap in a 3rd pedal haha
i do too much rock donkey shit for a manual. plus this auto is overkill for this rig

hell yeah! thats what im thinking. stock crank reluctor is 24 tooth, no missing teeth. it might work but would need to grind a tooth off or something else but that requires removing the front engine cover. nope, id rather tack a 36-1 wheel on the balancer. stock coils are COP and can be used as such (have igniters in them)

did you go MS 2 or 3? thats my debate currently. i was originally after sequential fueling as that is what stock is but after seeing how guys are running on batch fire, batch fire will be just fine.

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
i do too much rock donkey shit for a manual. plus this auto is overkill for this rig

hell yeah! thats what im thinking. stock crank reluctor is 24 tooth, no missing teeth. it might work but would need to grind a tooth off or something else but that requires removing the front engine cover. nope, id rather tack a 36-1 wheel on the balancer. stock coils are COP and can be used as such (have igniters in them)

did you go MS 2 or 3? thats my debate currently. i was originally after sequential fueling as that is what stock is but after seeing how guys are running on batch fire, batch fire will be just fine.
Everything you need for crank trigger is right here: https://www.diyautotune.com/shop/sensors-data-logging/trigger-wheels/

edit: I would go with hall over VR if you can. I had some noise issues with my stock ford VR but they were easily overcome with a couple resistors.

I went MS 2 but in hindsight I would have ponied up for MS 3. If you are OK with some circuit board soldering to add ignition outputs you will be OK with MS2. I would recommend the V3.0 board if you can get it. I went V3.57 which is surface mount- makes it a bitch to solder to and there is no prototype area so I had to add my own prototype board for my ign outputs.

If you go MS3 I think it already has multiplue ign outputs so you can skip all that sketchy soldering nonsense. If you can swing it, go MS3. You seem to have a good tuning and electronics background so you will really be able to reap the benefits of MS3 and all of its capabilities.

I think you will be just fine with batch. From what I gather you might loose a slight bit of MPG and idle quality, but at high RPM's sequential basically turns into batch cause the events are happening so quickly. I hear you don't lose much if any HP at higher rpms running batch.

I'm running a 2.5 L duratec 4 cyl with a turbo and it seems to idle pretty darn smooth on batch.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Ms3 is worth it solely for the sd logging imo, the rest is awesome but not needing the faptop hooked up to log is really nice.

Sean

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds