A retarded trophy truck

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Sheeet, you got a lathe. Get some fucking bronze and make a new bushing with the correct OD. Then you will have plenty of meat to get groovy in.

So why couldn't you just run the needle bearings?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Sheeet, you got a lathe. Get some fucking bronze and make a new bushing with the correct OD. Then you will have plenty of meat to get groovy in.

So why couldn't you just run the needle bearings?
Eventually I’ll probably do that. Had the bitches on hand though and this fucker in my garage takes up valuable parking for my truck. Hence, thrown together and kicked the fuck out. I’m really curious how long they will last, as is. Shits coming back apart in what I hope is 6-8 months to redo the front end. See how fuckerd up it is then.

The shaft diameter of the Toyota axles are larger than the dinky Suzuki crap so they didn’t fit in the needle bearings. I could turn them down to fit but if I ever snap one, picking up another at a parts store no longer works out. Plus the fact I’d have no seal back there to keep shit out of the bearing

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Can you open up the spindles enough to take the Toy bearing? They make needle bearings with seals.

What is the ID of the current spindle and the OD of the stub?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Toy shaft is 1.260 OD, the hub hole is 1.377 ID. I could open the hub up more but I’d risk weakening it and frankly, it does not center well in the lathe (fucking japs for ya). I mean, if we ain’t taking much out, couldn’t probably make it work.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Finished the front end up. Apparently no one makes a damn cv spacer for 86-95 Toyota’s but after lots of searching and measuring, I took a chance on seeing if a cv spacer from a 99-07 Chevy 1500 would work. Came in and bolt pattern is damn near the same. The diameter that centers the cv axle up is too big and the bolt holes are too small but nothing the lathe and drill press can’t take care of. Wound up cutting it down from 1” spacer to 3/4” which works great.

Had not drilled the bolt holes out yet but you can see how I had to shrink the centering lip .200 so the adapter would slip in. Bolt holes got drilled to 1/2” instead of 12mm to give wiggle room for the slightly off bolt pattern

All bolted up and done

Then changed the oil, checked fluids, looked at how I wanted to mount the spare gas can and there isn’t any way I really want to do it that lets you still see the brake lights. I’ll probably get those rotopaks at some point cause I’m going to built a roof rack for the rig too. fucking broverlander at its best right there with rotopaks! maybe i should put a tent up there too....... Na fuck that shit.

Yanked my old inverter that finally died and threw a Chinese 2000watt, 4k peak one in. See how long it lasts. Runs my grinder and drill at the same time without breaking a sweat.

Swapped my injectors out from the NA supra injectors i had in it back to stock. my piggy back computer was giving me lean fits a few months back and i just bypassed it with the bypass connector. well then obviously i got fucking shitty as fuel mileage from not running it (was running 10.0-10.5 afr when in open loop and im damn near always in that cause of this under powered POS) but my other issues stopped. Runs much better back on stock injectors (duh). Just have to mount my hi-lift jack before the El Golfo run.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
So there i was in the middle of Africa, balls deep in a kangaroo..... and ill bet you're wondering what the fuck i was doing in Africa?

Well i wasnt but i sure as fuck went balls deep into beating on this POS. I loaded the fucker down with 2 ice chests with liquid liberation's, food, soda and so on, spare fluids, tools, c02 tank, 5 gal of extra fuel, chairs, clothes, and a blender.... more on the blender later. I pumped the nitrogen up to 275psi, added 1" of preload in the springs and put 50psi in the bumps (was at 20psi). between my buddy, me and the shit in the back, we needed all that added in the ass end.

headed on down to meheco/rocky point and partied hardy at the new Mannys (just opened up). as expected, shit as americanized as it can be as well as the damn prices. Didnt stop the margaritas from coming though. Woke up at 7:00am friday morning with nice little hang over, unloaded our shit off the trailers and we headed out Reggies for some breakfast. left there about 9:00am and headed to the train tracks. hopped on the dirt and holy fuck did the ass end feel amazing out there. some bitch soaked up everything and naturally the front end couldnt keep up. Still cruised about 40mph through some small whoops without issue or bottoming out. Honestly, most shit we hit hard, the back end would barely tap the back bumps so it seems dailed..... for now till the new front end goes on. back end was smooth on the stupid studder bumps but stiff on the big hits.

we followed along on this road till the whoops got to about 2-2.5 foot tall and a good 5-7ft between the tops. we were falling off the pace so jumped on the highway that runs parallel to the tracks and dirt road. we just paced the gazr's at a 20-25mph speed they were moving. Cranked the tunes and just sipped/cruised to the second train station. here is where we were suppose to jump tracks to the salt mines to then hit the beach. well the huricane flooded that shit so instead of hitting the highway for 4-5 miles, we decided to cuise along side the train tracks a few miles, then hit an imaginary road the guys were talking about that crossed back to the highway/secondary road to the beach. Yeah well, that fucking road off the train tracks never came and we spent the next 2 hours at 5mph pace in 4lo hitting pucker bushes and making a road back to the highway which was 9 miles away from the tracks as the crow flies. No one had a GPS..... i didnt bitch, this POS has A/C!! it was getting warm out there to kicked that on, played on the dunes as we rolled through them and had fun heading through.

finally hit the highway and ran up a couple miles to the turn off to the beach. Jumped on the beach and ran that sucker all the way into El Golfo. just a mile in by the cliffs, we broke out the blender.... frozen margaritas on the beach in the middle of nowhere? fucking a right! busted the chairs out and hung out with our feet in the water and maragritas in hand for the next hour or so then headed off. Damn was that sand soft out there. Gayzr's lost a couple belts, we damn near hit a wash out at 50 (looked like a witches eye in the dunes) and a mile out, our buddies gayzr lost his second belt. looked at the clutches and his secondary clutch rollers were flat gone. Towed him into the hotel and liquid liberations started again that night. Ate at El Delfin and had some bomb shrimp. Met another gayzr group at the same hotel and a couple decent MILFs were walking around with rumchata/fireball in a big ass flask. Couldnt say no to some poured shots into our mouths lookin at some tig ol bitties. that drink was fucking goooooood.

Saturday morning, more questions of "why the fuck did i drink that much again" but that was quickly ended by a spectacular breakfast at El Delfin. There was no fixing our buddies gayzr so he and his co-pilot stayed behind and grabbed another night at the hotel so he could get picked up sunday morning and head home. Stopped off at the Pemex, OXXO and off we went again. Didnt make the last cliff corner before high tide so we had to back track a mile and take a road up to the tops and get around the last point. Headed to the second train station via highway and not the fucking retard road that was made lol. it was clear more breaks were being made this trip back then saturday and a little racing started on the way back. we ran some of the road trying to push the tracker to ride the tops of the whoops (keep front end up) but it was too chopped up and screwy to do it. Jumped on the highway to the first train station where we would hit the better part of the dirt road. We met everyone there and off we went.... i punished this damn thing through those 2ft whoops.... the worse part was when you got up to about 50-60, you would float the tops so that just made me want to keep going.... till you hit a big whoop and sky the front end from a hard bottom out. The ass end on the other hand never felt out of place. really never bottomed out either even under bad hits! it would take a real sharp kicker/drift to make it smack the bumps pretty good. we road that bitch like that for the next 15-20 miles to the main road crossing and we pulled over. Beat all the gayzr's to the end with time to spare. my front end on the other hand.... it wasnt happy lmao. she now sat about 2" lower and had some nice negative camber going on.

saturday morning

hotel soap, wtf lol

fucking gayzr fest

up on the cliffs

Rita time!

Got everyone gathered up, tuned it back a bit and headed off to JJ's for some fish tacos. Finished out the night on the beach with more liquid liberations and good friends. packed up sunday morning and headed home.

Now the good shit. I pushed this piece of fuck way beyond original intentions with the semi stock front end and honestly, no fucking way ill do that again without a cage. watching the dash cam i keep in there, that was fucking dumb but we survived. it doesnt look as bad on the camera, specially with the shit you all hit in your rigs but this is one of those "you had to be there" situations so since you all werent there, ill say this shit was fucking huge and blah blah blah. The front frame is tweaked/bent just past the firewall body mount. i had a REAL good feeling if i was going to bend the frame it would be there and sure as shit, it is. probably a good 2" difference from where it should be if you measure at the front bumper. front springs are sagging, rf strut is puking oil like a bitch, and may or may not have hurt the steering rack. the rear end is titties, not a damn thing wrong with it. i did grab the shocks when we finished the Puerto Penasco 20 and they were hot but you could keep a hand on them for a few sec before needing to pull away. id say they were around 200-250*.

So now its parked on the side yard awaiting fixing. kinda just wanting to leave it there and start the front end but ill probably get tired of driving my truck and half ass fix the tracker till i finish the new front end. either way, its game time. no more dicking around. just will be slow progress with my son on the way in January.

fucked shit

Hope you enjoyed our retardness and ill have the dash cam vid up in a day or so. These are all old fucks we went with, my dad and his buddies ive grown up with going to the dunes, mexico and so on. My buddy and i were the young fucks

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
So little up date. 1, i still have not uploaded the fucking bash fest video... i know, boo fucking hoo. Ill try to remember this week. 2, the frame is REALLY fucked as i suspected but who wouldnt when you beat the fuck out of your shit not built for that kind of stuff. frame rails are bent in as well as up. Good thing i have a spare frame! 3, i bought a set of 10" 2.5 resi coilovers from Mr Turdblow, twas a pleasant transaction. The sexting was awesome, would do it again for sure. So ill be selling off the 8" stroke 2.5's i had. Really pushing for that 14-15" travel mark so i figured running a longer shock would be more beneficial as i can push it towards the tire more. No i still have not done a damn thing to it other than wash the salt off and park it on the side of the house. Instead, my project A.D.D. kicked in and i started on my sand car. She needed a little love before our TG trip to the dunes.

its nothing special but its a ton of fun.

first owner, chassis was a 2 seat beam car. he yard saled that bitch and second owner picked it up. Dude chopped the frame all up, turned it into an a-arm car, extended the frame so kids can sit in back (sure as hell are not getting an adult back there), put 3x3 arms on it and an air bag setup with 14" 2.0 shocks, honda 3.0 and 091 with type 2 CV's. We went on a pretty wild test ride around his neighborhood and i bought it. She needed alot of love and there were many geometry issues in the front end and rear arms.

Ill spare you reading on everything i did to it but over the last 4 years, ive built my own 5x5 rear arms, ditched the type 1 stubs for RBP micro stubs, put 14" 2.5" fox IBP shocks on rear, built 091 with a honda 3.2 (got a smoking deal on the 3.2, couldnt pass it up), upped fuel tank from 5 gal to 12 gal, put a nice bench seat in back for my kiddo, added intercoms and car to car, brother in law built me a nice aluminum fan shroud, dropped radiator down 6" so i can see out the back, fixed some of the front bump steer with a spreader bar for the steering rack (still more to fix here but drives nice so not a priority), new paddles, 930 RCV CV's and chromoly axles, willwood 4 piston calibers on 12" discs in rear, upgraded to stage 3 pressure plate and new clutch, re-desgined the rear arm pivot points so the inner bushing would quit binding and tearing its self up, and spent a TON of time valving, revalving, revalving and revalving some more to get the thing dialed in. pulls 17" of wheel travel in the rear and 15" up front. Setup the ass end so there is 4.5" of clearance to the ground at full bump (17" of wheel travel does NOT include that 4.5" like some sand car builders do). She floats teh big whoops at the bottom of Olds and is smooth in the chop but still narrow enough for cinder trips and even took her on a 460 mile ride down in Baja a few years ago.

some arm pics, very happy with how those came out. spent a shit ton of time getting the jig right and making sure i had a 14* angle at the pivot points (stock type 1 torsion housing angle)

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Anyhow, that POS got an oil change, coolant flush, new t-stat, new thermo fan switch (stock honda), fixed my sloppy shifter, new xm radio mount, pulled apart my steering rack for a cleaning and adjustment to take out slack, new rubber vac plugs, and changed the fan relay to only have power to kick on when ignition was on (use to have power all the time and fans would kick on when finishing a ride and turning the car off, course then they would stay running till i killed main power or started the car and let it idle). Still got more to go over like the front end, check spark plugs, and grease CV's. ONe day, ill build a new chassis thats stronger, little wider and longer. Retarded TT comes first though

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Quick Buggy question. If you put 5x5 arms on the rear do you need to move the motor/Tranny back more? We have 3x3's on the back of the manx and I was thinking of going bigger but wondered if we had to move the drivetrain at all.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds